Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

jvcarroll

Reaction score
The Democrats really don’t want me to vote with them do they...

So this morning Chuck Schumer says he agrees with the decision to move the capital to Jerusalem. I don’t entirely agree, but I understand where he’s coming from, and I figured others would too. But what do I see on Facebook but comment after comment of so called liberal Democrats crying about how Schumer’s “a Jew” putting his religion before the country. W.T.F??? That is NO different from Trump supporters screaming about “globalists.” That’s where the phrase comes from, the fear that certain immigrants groups like Jews and Catholics would never truly be loyal to the US. But these so called liberals will apparently sell out any principle just to be against Trump. And oh yeah, just to defended Islam, which they stupidly think is an underdog. Hey, idiots, Muslims who support Palestine aren’t any different! And I’m sorry, but this thing about “modesty” is NOT female liberation no matter how much you try and dress it up as such (pun intended, heh). Liberals, can you attempt at least once a year to be right about ANYTHING??!!! This is a religion desperately trying to find its way into the 21st century and all your can do is enable their efforts to stay in the 14th! Meanwhile decrying any other religion that dares to question your own brand of social engineering.

No, I’m not conservative. I’m frustrated that we need a savior right now and the liberals continue to be just as happily tone deaf as they’ve always been! And no one try to tell me those comments were just a fringe minority, we all know that’s where the party has been going. Your precious blue wave can do WITHOUT me. I hope it peters down to a pathetic trickle. You need some sense kicked in to your heads right now.
This isn't about Trump hate at all. I'd stay away from social media randos, whether they're conservative or progressive, when it comes to politics. It's about the unrest and violence that this particular decision is causing and the careless way it's been done. As for the decision itself, I'm with you on that. I can see merits from both sides. The primary reason for such decisions, as far as the US is concerned, is that many religious conservatives want to check all the boxes in Revelations in preparation of Jesus returning and the end times. It also aligns, of course, with what many in our Jewish community want, but it's evangelicals who want this most.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This isn't about Trump hate at all.
A big agree to disagree, laughably so.

I'd stay away from social media randos
Already addressed that, I do not agree the sentiment is solely confined to social media. And heck, if I did agree to that, then I'd also have to agree that the "Trump is ordained by God" crowd is a fringe minority. And I don't believe that either.

Good luck at the polls, everyone. I will not be there. Screw them.

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
A big agree to disagree, laughably so.

Already addressed that, I do not agree the sentiment is solely confined to social media. And heck, if I did agree to that, then I'd also have to agree that the "Trump is ordained by God" crowd is a fringe minority. And I don't believe that either.
We'll have to somewhat agree to disagree with a lot of that. No progressive I know, and I'm a highly social being as well as a progressive, has the sentiment that you expressed as pertains to this issue. Maybe it's regional? Yeah, none of us like Trump, and he's terrible at his job and a terrible person, but the objection to this decision from those I know along with those I don't who've written in papers of record or appeared on reputable programs, represent what I've expressed. Maybe I'm missing some extra group, but that's what I see and hear out there. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There is very much a strain of liberalism that sympathizes with Palestine and hates whenever America sides with Israel.

along with those I don't who've written in papers of record or appeared on reputable programs, represent what I've expressed.
Ehhh, you've brought this up before. But just because professionals don't express a sentiment doesn't mean it can't be found among the ordinary voters.

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
There is very much a strain of liberalism that sympathizes with Palestine and hates whenever America sides with Israel.
There is that too. There's definitely that too. There are many American Jews who don't agree with this decision too. There just such a movement among everybody to treat differing views having the same exact views all down the line. I fall to that too sometimes. Republicans and Democrats are individuals. There's also a danger in allowing others to define us in ways that we don't agree with - even from within our party of choice.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There is that too. There's definitely that too. There are many American Jews who don't agree with this decision too. There just such a movement among everybody to treat differing views having the same exact views all down the line. I fall to that too sometimes. Republicans and Democrats are individuals. There's also a danger in allowing others to define us in ways that we don't agree with - even from within our party of choice.
Yes, people are individuals. BUT, is there a consistent pattern of a certain viewpoint cropping up in a party? In this case, I say the answer is yes.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Yes, people are individuals. BUT, is there a consistent pattern of a certain viewpoint cropping up in a party? In this case, I say the answer is yes.
Yes, but there are many who disagree within the party. Too many of them stay silent, however, and that goes for every party.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes, but there are many who disagree within the party. Too many of them stay silent, however, and that goes for every party.
Then it really doesn't count. There are many Democrats who want their party back from the abortion lobby, but keep quiet about it, so who cares. There are many Republicans who know Trump is doing damage, but keep quiet about it, so who cares. Craven, thy name is Congress, lol.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Then it really doesn't count. There are many Democrats who want their party back from the abortion lobby, but keep quiet about it, so who cares. There are many Republicans who know Trump is doing damage, but keep quiet about it, so who cares. Craven, thy name is Congress, lol.
The abortion thing again. While I'm done commenting on anything regarding that, as my thoughts on the issue have already been expressed, I will agree that if someone in the party feels differently, they should be able to say it. That, however, does not mean it will be well received. As a gay person - I've LIVED this. Free speech does not equal freedom from criticism no matter what's been said. The pro life/anti abortion group in the democratic party isn't large, but it is present, and they should be able to speak freely about their beliefs. Again, however, that's up to their individual bravery as people. Welcoming that into the party platform is something else entirely. No platform of any party can have two conflicting ideas. That's not how platforms work. But few people in any party really know what their official platform is anyway. The official GOP platform is one of the most frightening things. But, yeah, abortion...I will make you a promise. I will never have one.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The abortion thing again.
Lol, because it's the only issue that gets this kind of reaction here.

While I'm done commenting on anything regarding that, as my thoughts on the issue have already been expressed
Again, the only issue that gets that kind of reaction here.

The pro life/anti abortion group in the democratic party isn't large
We are in no position to know that. Just as we didn't know how many voters didn't want to admit voting for Trump.

No platform of any party can have two conflicting ideas. That's not how platforms work.
I'll settle for a nuanced idea, but even that is beyond both parties.

The official GOP platform is one of the most frightening things.
As is the official Democrat platform.

But, yeah, abortion...I will make you a promise. I will never have one.
I'm not laughing. Nor am I voting Democrat. :wink: