Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Racism could be gone from the US tomorrow and liberals would still manage to find it. And they’d continue to happily ignore it if it came from other countries.
Liberals haven't been ignoring racism, they're the ones who have been trying to fight racism all this time, which is one of the reasons why conservatives keep labeling them "bleedin' hearts," "crybabies," "delicated snowflakes," as well as "SJWs" (which they also apply to the victims of racism as well).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Liberals haven't been ignoring racism, they're the ones who have been trying to fight racism all this time, which is one of the reasons why conservatives keep labeling them "bleedin' hearts," "crybabies," "delicated snowflakes," as well as "SJWs" (which they also apply to the victims of racism as well).
Very often liberals pick and choose which bigotry to pay attention to and which bigotry to make excuses for. They also are quick to scream racism when a more nuanced answer is often required. They have an agenda and a narrative, same as conservatives.

And the people who put "America is the land of opportunity" on a micro aggression list DESERVE to be called bleeding hearts. And worse. The people who scolded a white girl for wearing an Asian dress should be called demented, lol. And worse. They have no concept of history nor even the basics of human interaction. Such people do not want a better world. They want us all to be separate and angry at each other forever so they can feel intellectually superior.

It's not that liberals don't do good in the world, it's that, again, they've allowed themselves to be hijacked by the extremists in their group. And we are all suffering for it now. Good leaders have their thumb on the pulse of the people. They know when the people are ready to accept change, and when they are not. And when the people are not, good leaders do not bully them into submission. Good leaders don't have to. Good leaders naturally command respect. But this recent crop of liberals not only don't have the pulse of the people, they find the very idea contemptible. They're proud of their snobby ignorance. And the price we are ALL paying now is Trump.

Last edited:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Actually this doesn't surprise me at all, because it's the European countries (and I include Canada in that in spirit) who often seem to be more shell shocked by the idea of diversity than Americans generally are.

I don't like the idea that you can't take back what you say. The woman was clearly embarrassed and repentant afterward. An unforgiving attitude is not helpful.
I agree. Life is much more tribal elsewhere. We're a melting pot with more forced socialization. That's a good thing, but it creates more daily friction. It also, in time, creates more understanding. We are in the midst of one of the final few heightened culture clashes before it's mostly rich v poor. There will always be social and racial politics and culture clashes, but I believe that it will wane from what we're experiencing now. On the extreme right we have the white nationalists; on the extreme left we have the social justice warriors who are 100% against "cultural appropriation" and therefore against progress. That last part irks me the most because, in essence, these fringe folk are creating their own segregation. While I don't believe these two things are equally the same, both the right and the left remain far too quiet when these crazies lead their parties away from sanity and into one rigid idea that doesn't serve progress or true conservatism.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
But most of his supporters are not the tiki torch weirdos, yet that's how they're being collectively treated. They voted for Obama before, for goodness sake!
That's true. There are, however, many Christian conservatives who believe that Trump was somehow anointed by God as President (as leaders in the Bible were) and that we should blindly follow him as God's will. Merp. But they somehow didn't believe that under the Obama or Clinton years. There is far too much political cowardice in general, whether it's Republicans not calling Trump on his abominable behavior or Democrats not calling out Obama for his secret drone strikes and fungible "red line" that opened the door to more terrorism abroad. Yes, this is actually ME typing this.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
That's true. There are, however, many Christian conservatives who believe that Trump was somehow anointed by God as President (as leaders in the Bible were) and that we should blindly follow him as God's will. Merp. But they somehow didn't believe that under the Obama or Clinton years. There is far too much political cowardice in general, whether it's Republicans not calling Trump on his abominable behavior or Democrats not calling out Obama for his secret drone strikes and fungible "red line" that opened the door to more terrorism abroad. Yes, this is actually ME typing this.
I agree that there are some looney conservatives who believe that President Trump was chosen by God, I just don't happen to believe it was as big of a group as you probably. But to be fair, there were probably some people who felt that President Obama was chosen by God as well. And to be honest, I'm not sure that racism, far left looneys or far right looneys or any other extreme group are more prominent in today's world then they were 20, 40 or 60 years ago. I think in today's 24 hours news cycle, ratings starved "news" shows, internet age where twitter dominates, they become much bigger news than they would have been years ago. Maybe not?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's true. There are, however, many Christian conservatives who believe that Trump was somehow anointed by God as President (as leaders in the Bible were) and that we should blindly follow him as God's will. Merp. But they somehow didn't believe that under the Obama or Clinton years.
Those people seriously annoy me a lot. Though, to be fair, the reason they didn't say it about Obama or Clinton is likely their records on abortion. Again, that issue is always there. Also gay marriage, though I hate that that is always put together with abortion.

There is far too much political cowardice in general, whether it's Republicans not calling Trump on his abominable behavior or Democrats not calling out Obama for his secret drone strikes and fungible "red line" that opened the door to more terrorism abroad. Yes, this is actually ME typing this.
Yeah I mean we keep talking about teaching our children decency, clearly we also need to teach them integrity. Like Ana Navarro said on CNN, no job is worth giving up your principles over.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There will always be social and racial politics and culture clashes, but I believe that it will wane from what we're experiencing now.
Oh I do too, these trends come and go.

On the extreme right we have the white nationalists; on the extreme left we have the social justice warriors who are 100% against "cultural appropriation" and therefore against progress. That last part irks me the most because, in essence, these fringe folk are creating their own segregation.
Exactly! And it is creeping me out how much it is catching on. I will never stop saying PC is a cancer on this world. But it's even more disappointing that the anti-PC movement was hijacked by the likes of Trump. :stick_out_tongue: It's like we can't manage any sort of nuance. You wonder what the point is in trying sometimes.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The Democrats really don’t want me to vote with them do they...

So this morning Chuck Schumer says he agrees with the decision to move the capital to Jerusalem. I don’t entirely agree, but I understand where he’s coming from, and I figured others would too. But what do I see on Facebook but comment after comment of so called liberal Democrats crying about how Schumer’s “a Jew” putting his religion before the country. W.T.F??? That is NO different from Trump supporters screaming about “globalists.” That’s where the phrase comes from, the fear that certain immigrants groups like Jews and Catholics would never truly be loyal to the US. But these so called liberals will apparently sell out any principle just to be against Trump. And oh yeah, just to defended Islam, which they stupidly think is an underdog. Hey, idiots, Muslims who support Palestine aren’t any different! And I’m sorry, but this thing about “modesty” is NOT female liberation no matter how much you try and dress it up as such (pun intended, heh). Liberals, can you attempt at least once a year to be right about ANYTHING??!!! This is a religion desperately trying to find its way into the 21st century and all your can do is enable their efforts to stay in the 14th! Meanwhile decrying any other religion that dares to question your own brand of social engineering.

No, I’m not conservative. I’m frustrated that we need a savior right now and the liberals continue to be just as happily tone deaf as they’ve always been! And no one try to tell me those comments were just a fringe minority, we all know that’s where the party has been going. Your precious blue wave can do WITHOUT me. I hope it peters down to a pathetic trickle. You need some sense kicked in to your heads right now.

Last edited: