Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
So why can't America do the same? Oh yeah, I forgot, because this is America, we're the greatest nation in the world, we are great in every way, and therefore, we are without sin.
We are the greatest nation in the world, lol. And we analyze our problems more than most.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Just constantly ragging on America as a whole for the fact that we have an orange crybaby for our president.

He unfriended me just because I made a sarcastic joke about his stupid change.org petition to crossover characters from 6teen to the Total Drama series (the latter being an animated parody of survivor; he voiced the character Jude in the former and the host Chris McLean in the latter); both were created by Fresh TV, an animation company up in.... Toronto? I think? But anyway, I'm glad he did because he was such an immature little baby himself.
Ugh, yeah that petition site has become so meaningless. The other day on this soap board they were spreading a petition to give an actor "better writing," lol. And they're serious, they're POSITIVE if they get "enough signatures" change will happen, lol. It's so trivializing and spoiled.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Tell me about it.

I like petitions that actually help with serious issues. Not first world problems like "wahhh, McDonald's took away my favowite food item, change.org petition!" Or "oh no! This character was written off! Change.org petition!" Or "Noooo bring this show back on Netflix NOW!!!!1111!!!! Change.org petition!" Blah blah.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Tell me about it.

I like petitions that actually help with serious issues. Not first world problems like "wahhh, McDonald's took away my favowite food item, change.org petition!" Or "oh no! This character was written off! Change.org petition!" Or "Noooo bring this show back on Netflix NOW!!!!1111!!!! Change.org petition!" Blah blah.
Lololol, it's so true!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We are the greatest nation in the world, lol.
Scandinavian countries to seem consistently rank better than we do according to most studies.
And we analyze our problems more than most.
Right. Obama did this/Obama did that, so let's just undo it altogether just because Obama did it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Scandinavian countries to seem consistently rank better than we do according to most studies.
If such rankings don't look very deeply into it, sure.

Right. Obama did this/Obama did that, so let's just undo it altogether just because Obama did it.
Obama wasn't a resounding success. I just wish conservatives had found a better hero than a game show host.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If such rankings don't look very deeply into it, sure.
Oh yeah, I forgot. 'They're better because they're white countries." I keep forgetting.
Obama wasn't a resounding success.
Maybe not, but again, much of the problem stems from Republican-controled House and Senate basically blocking him at almost every pass they could to make him look like a bad president; otherwise, there's still so much more he could have done to improve the country.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot. 'They're better because they're white countries." I keep forgetting.
I think you switched topics on me there?

Maybe not, but again, much of the problem stems from Republican-controled House and Senate basically blocking him at almost every pass
That's part of it, but far from all of it. Not to mention Trump supporters are using the same excuse now. Fact is, neither Obama nor Trump have been resounding successes and that's not just because the other party stopped them.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
We're all living in America
America is wunderbar
Amerika, Amerika

America is wunderbar
Amerika, Amerika

Wenn getanzt wird, will ich führen
Auch wenn ihr euch alleine dreht
Lässt euch ein wenig kontrollieren
Ich zeige euch wie´s richtig geht
Wir bilden einen lieben Reigen
Die Freiheit spielt auf allen Geigen,
Musik kommt aus dem Weißen Haus,
Und vor Paris steht Mickey Maus

America is wunderbar
Amerika, Amerika

Ich kenne Schritte, die sehr nützen,
Und werde euch vor Fehltritt schützen,
Und wer nicht tanzen will am Schluss,
Weiß noch nicht das er Tanzen muss!
Wir bilden einen lieben Reigen,
Ich werde Euch die Richtung zeigen,
Nach Afrika kommt Santa Claus,
Und vor Paris steht Mickey Maus

America is wunderbar
Amerika, Amerika
Coca-Cola, Wonderbra
Amerika, Amerika

This is not a love song
This is not a love song
I don´t sing my mother tongue
No, this is not a love song

America is wunderbar
Amerika, Amerika
Coca-Cola, sometimes war
Amerika, Amerika

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Trump is clearly beginning to infect Canada now, because this is so un-Canadian-like.

https://wokesloth.com/watch-two-men-handle-a-womans-racist-tirade-in-a-dennys-like-pros/stefanie/
Here's the thing. Trump didn't cause this. He took advantage of an unrest that was already going on. And this is kinda what that NYT article was talking about, liberals are going full speed ahead with their idea of social engineering, not realizing most of the country has not been convinced to follow them. And rather than wonder why that is, liberals are just attacking them. It's not working.

Obviously that woman was out of line, but on the other hand, as a woman she has every right to be deeply disturbed by how women are treated under Islam in the Middle East. And the liberals do come across as happily ignoring it.