Respectful debate thread: was it Telly or Merry?

mariolover

Reaction score
In Episode 3020 of Sesame Street, the description on the Muppet Wiki says "Telly surprises Gordon", but on here, there is a description that says "Elmo and Merry Surprise people". How do we know which one is correct? Eyewitness testimony is not always reliable, so it could've been a mis-remembering, or they could've been lying to try and start some dumb conspiracy theory. How do we know this?

Note to admins: I know I typed this before and took it down, but I realized it's actually not a big deal to post stuff like this. So what if someone goes on and someone starts a dumb conspiracy theory on this.

Let the games begin!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Where exactly did you see the episode description on HERE saying it was Elmo and Merry?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
For the record, this is a fan site and that guy never showed his sources either so I trust muppet wiki more.

I also think you might be overthinking too much when it comes to that SesameGuy person making up "conspiracy theories"; again I dunno where he got the description, but with nothing to back it up, I trust muppet wiki more.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The sources used for those guides aren't 100% reflective of the episode as aired, save for the inserts used. There are a number of times where the dialogue is different, so it's possible that casting change was made before they filmed it.