Replacement Puppeteers....

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Here's a list of the "dead" muppets and the people that should play them (replacing henson and hunt) -

Dr. Teeth - guy that plays Bobo
Rowlf - guy that plays Bobo

Janice - Fran Brill (but i haven't seen "Sex And Violence" so i'm not sure how she sounds)

Sweetums - Marty Robinson or the guy that plays Bobo

Guy Smiley - Marty Robinson

Placido Flamingo - Frank Oz or Jerry Nelson

Don Music - Dave Goelz (if kids were hitting there heads on their piano, Don should STOP HITTING HIS HEAD ON HIS PIANO, don't get RID of him!)

beaker

Reaction score
I think the word ya want is "retired" Muppets...as, as long as Kami gets her AZT drugs I doubt will ever see a 'dead' Muppet.
(err, maybe Thog...though Im sure there's some pile of blue fur needed restoration)

>>>Dr. Teeth - guy that plays Bobo
Rowlf - guy that plays Bobo<<<

Not bad! Rowlf indeed is now performed by Bill Baretta.
Dr. Teeth is performed(when he has vocal segments) by John Kennedy.

Janice - Fran Brill (but i haven't seen "Sex And Violence" so i'm not sure how she sounds)<<<

Yeah, they still havent filled that one. Im not sure who performed the Electric Mayhem at the live show.

Sweetums - Marty Robinson or the guy that plays Bobo<<<

Well...Sweetums is now John Henson officially I think. So far, the only Muppet I have actually met in person.

Guy Smiley - Marty Robinson
Placido Flamingo - Frank Oz or Jerry Nelson<<<
Don Music - Dave Goelz (if kids were hitting there heads on their piano, Don should STOP HITTING HIS HEAD ON HIS PIANO, don't get RID of him!)<<<<<

All three have been retired indefinately I believe.

In a similair thread, its amazing to know most of Oz main characters have found replacements. Thankfully Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Grover, Bert, and Animal all have new Muppeteers with the apparent endless hiatus by Frank Oz.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Janice - Fran Brill (but i haven't seen "Sex And Violence" so i'm not sure how she sounds)
If what I've heard is correct, I think our own Byron (aka Janice & Mokey's Man) does a pretty much dead-on imitation of Janice.

And you forgot one!

Scooter - I'd like Adam Hunt to keep doing him. It could work out; he did the voice while Steve Whitmire did the actual puppeteering, and some of the human actors on the classic episodes of SS did the same thing.

-Kim

Drtooth

Reaction score
My impersonation of Janice is HORRIBLE!!!! However, I can do a really good Sweedis Chef and Link Hogthrob.

jeremyactor

Reaction score
There are a few characters I think I do dead on impersonations of - but remember that what you think you sound like and what you ACTUALLY sound like are 2 different things. When I've tried - I sound KINDA like Scooter (which would be better than having No Scooter at all), I do a good Swedish Chef, Bobo (but Bill's aliving and kicking, so no need for that), Animal (and I'm a drummer - so I can make him look really convincing behind the drums).

Or maybe I don't sound anything like them at all - but I'm an actor, so I at least try. They should hire me anyways - I want to be a Muppeteer!

Jeremy

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Yeah, they still havent filled that one. Im not sure who performed the Electric Mayhem at the live show.
Hiya,

Floyd and Zoot were performed live at MFest with "Where you at?", but the Electric Mayhem was performed by puppeteers and lip-synced to the recording of "Can You Picture That?"

I noticed Floyd missed a verse instead of taking it, too! :smile:

FOZ

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Sweetums is being Performed by John Henson (I think he's Jim's son, I know Jim had a son named Jon)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's Jim's son John, and he does super kewl at it, too!!

FOZ

SgtPepper

Reaction score
I can do dead on impersinations of Grover, Cookie Monster, Animal, and Dr. Teeth.

I'm also pretty good at Zoot, Kermit, Piggy, and Fozzie

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
my Grover impression sucks.

i CAN do a pretty good Guy Smiley. and a good Telly impression.

my friend Eric can do an impression of Gladys The Cow (he doesnt know it but he's doing a Gladys voice. actually, i am hiring for the puppet video series i'm making and may sell at my school. he's playing Washington, a guy that talks like Gladys. "Humorous just HUMOROUS!!!" "You ru-inned it!!!" "Barry Manilow is the bomb!" "Ewww she touched it with a KLEENEX!")