Remembering Richard Hunt

camillachick

Reaction score
At work today I started singing this Sesame Street song about different types of homes when I realized the anything muppet who was an eskimo must have been voiced by Richard Hunt. (really hope I'm not mistaken here)
Anyway the boy sang about living in an igloo and not wanting to ever leave it. While he was singing a seal or something kept throwing fish at him. It was quite a funny bit. I wonder which puppeter was operating the seal.
As for Hunt's other characters- they are all a really great part of the muppet family which would not be the same without them.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I could believe he was gone until when I watched AVMMCM. I know thats wrong to think that he was around but it was then when I watched it that Scooter or Janice didn't have the same voice I remembered. I guessed when watching MCC I didn't relised that Richard Hunt was mention about his death. He was one of my favorite Performers when he was, Don Music, Gladys the Cow and Sully (even if he didn't say much) and That Flmingo (can't spell name) I know it starts w/ a letter "P" but can't spell it. Well hope to the best that one day I'll get to see Richard and Jim. I hate the word death and Die. They send shivers down my back. (Wooooo) Well miss u very much! Love you! :eek:

Thijs

Reaction score
If there is one muppeteer who can make me happy, it's Richard Hunt. His sweet voice, his beautiful singing. The love and humour he put in his charcaters was so special. There will never be a puppeteer like Hunt, ever.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm late on this, but I have appreciated Richard for his humor, which includes his acting. His characters were soft and sweet (excusing Statler), but his timing was impeccable and his performance was indescribable.

One of the most special photos in The Works is the one of him with Animal and the kids. You can tell he not only enjoyed his work and life, but he enjoyed being the fun-loving guy we all have heard about, as well as enjoyed entertaining people. In this photo, he was obviously having so much fun showing those kids a tour of the studios, and taking Animal out and performing him for the kids who were enjoying it just as much. Then, you see the softer side of him sitting down, reading a paper, and wearing Sweetums' legs! HA! That's funn-ee stuff.

It's always terrible to lose special talent like that, but he's left a legacy of characters and memories for us to cherish.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He had a certain something...like when I'm watching an old muppet skit, and I see and hear a certain characters, I would know and blurt out "that's Richard Hunt!" One of my most favorite Hunt characters is Pugsy from the Bunny Picnic. I'm sure he would be just as great of a performer if he were still with us today. I'll miss you Richard Hunt :wink: :boo: :flirt: :eek:

Mark Filton

Reaction score
Such a beautiful voice. So much talent, so very nice of a guy :big_grin:

I miss the special guys so much :cry: :cry: :cry:

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I totally miss Richard Hunt. He seemed like he would have been such a fun, nice person to meet and talk to. His characters are amazing because of him. I love Scooter especially his voice and just his personality. Statler always cracks me up. He did a great job with Junior making him funny and lovable. Placido Flamingo had an amazing voice and Don Music was just one of a kind. My favorite of all his characters was Janice. He made her into a character you can believe in. I find myself wanting to be best friends with her. :flirt: I love how laid back she is and the cool voice and seeing her and Floyd together. Richard Hunt really knew how to bring his characters to life. Basically I guess what I'm getting to is Richard was such a great performer and person and I miss him every time I watch the Muppets.

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
:cry: wow, Richard Hunt was so awesome. He was some of my favorite characters.
I didn't realize he had died until I saw 'The Muppet Christmas Carol' and saw his name at the end.
Sigh, Henson's death was hard to take, but was just as sad when I found out who Richard Hunt was.
I didn't realize how young he was! I thought he was like 60s-70s when he died. Don't know why I thought that, but that's even more sad.
*sniff* Henson was too young, also. Them great guys did so many wonderful things and had many great accomplishments.
:smile: If they would have been here today, we could only imagine what amazing stuff they'd do with all this wild technology! :zany:

Collgoff

Reaction score
It was very sad when Richard Hunt died of ADS in 1992 and it was the same year that I was born 1992 a few months after that.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Well my older brother Matthew use watch Fraggle rock when he was little but my mom might think I watched something like that.
So I don't renember watching Fraggle rock as a little kid.
Anyway Richard Hunt died 2 years after Jim Henson died in 1990.
So Richard died only a few months before I was born that was in 1992 and that was the same year that the Muppet christmas Carol came out and I was also born in that year.