Remembering John Henson

charlietheowl

Reaction score
It's always sad to see someone pass away so suddenly, especially when they have a family and children. John Henson did a lot for the Muppets in a time of transition, and hopefully his family will eventually be able to cherish the good memories he gave them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just read about this a few minutes ago, and I'm just really at a loss for words.

We sure have been losing a number of the Muppet family as of late... Jerry Nelson, Jane Henson, now John Henson... this is really sad.

It was interesting reading about John in Jim Henson: The Biography, he seemed like the wildest of the Henson kids, but it was clear that he was really close to his father. Reading about Jim's death in the last chapter was hard enough with all the details of his last days and final hours, but it was just sad reading about how particularly devastated John was.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Not only was he young, but his kids were young too.

This is really unfortunate. The Henson family's gotten hit hard within the past year.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Just read about this on TP, I'm glad they included this:

Brian Jay Jones’s recent book Jim Henson: The Biography provides us with some insight. Jones describes John as “perhaps the most spiritual or ethereal of the Henson children,” and notes that at the premiere of The Muppet Movie, John was moved to tears by the opening “Rainbow Connection” sequence.
I can definitely understand that feeling and will remember John next time I hear "Rainbow Connection".

Cookie Chris

Reaction score
I just heard the terrible news! It's so sudden and unexpected! :cry: While I may not know him personally, I'm thankful he kept Sweetums alive and active when Richard Hunt fell ill, and upheld the mantle after his death until The Muppets' Wizard of Oz. I'll keep John in my thoughts and prayers, and hope Brian, Cheryl, Heather, and his children find comfort and peace that surpass all understanding in the wake of his death, knowing they lost Jane Henson (and Faz Fazakas ) less than a year ago. Anyway, in true Jim Henson style, let's mourn, but be glad that John is finally reunited with Jim and Jane in eternity.

Sprocket77

Reaction score
This is very sad. I hope they have some dedication note to him at the end of MMW, but considering the movie is already finished and planned for release, there will most likely be not. :cry: