Remembering John Henson

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
Well, I guess I was wrong. :frown: What a sad day this must be for the Hensons, and only less than a year after losing Jane. My prayers and condolences go out to them.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
For those who may not be able to see the facebook post I'll copy it here:

It is with great sadness that we confirm that John Henson, son of Jim and Jane Henson and brother to Lisa, Cheryl, Brian and Heather, died at age 48 of a sudden massive heart attack on Friday, February 14, while at home with his daughter. John served as a shareholder and board member of The Jim Henson Company. He leaves two daughters, Katrina (15) and Sydney (10) and his wife Gyongyi. A private service is being planned.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Noooooo! The family has been through so much already, not only have Lisa, Cheryl, Brian and Heather lost both their parents several years apart, now they've lost a wonderful brother and father. My condolences to his family and friends. RIP John.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Very sad, sudden news. :frown:
I know, I was just about to go to my aunts' house when I ddecided to look at ToughPigs and I saw J. Henson (1965-2014), I didn't see "ohn" there so I was confused (could Jim Henson taken a different identity?). Then I saw the "ohn", and I was devastated. He was SO young, he didn't even reach Jim Henson's age :sympathy:. He did Sweetums for MTI, Muppets Tonight Episode 206. MFS, IAVMMCM, and MWoO. To think I was reading about John throughout reading Jim Henson:The Biography a few months ago and now he's just gone. Though he was never thoroughly involved with the muppets I still couldn't believe I was seeing this. No one ever could've guessed it. R.I.P John Henson (1965-2014) :grr: Hope that in MMW there's something that says "In Memory of Jerry Nelson, Jane Henson, and John Henson. At least now he's with his mom and dad.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/John_Henson
Oh NO! I cm still thinking, "This has to be a rumor!" No! (shakes her head) It's true! I haven't met or contacted him to tell him how much I am a huge fan of his father, Jim Henson.
R.I.P Mr. John Henson!

And now a goodbye... sad song.
First, there was Jim and Richard. Then, there was Jerry Juhl, Jerry Nelson, and Jane Henson. Now, it's John Henson. R.I.P to all of these wonderful people we know and cherish.
Dang, considering the May 2013 picture of him he looks quite old

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
What a terrible thing to happen at such a young age! Like many of us, I didn't know a lot about John, but from what I saw he was a terrific talent and a decent guy all around. As his two daughters grow up, I hope they'll remember him as a loving father who only wished them success in thier lives. What a simply wonderful man

Rest in Peace, John Henson.