Remembering Jim Henson

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Favorite songs! Gosh I have so many. I also really like "Sister and Brother" "Sunlight and Shadow" and many more.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Favorite songs! Gosh I have so many. I also really like "Sister and Brother" "Sunlight and Shadow" and many more.
The lyric "sister and brother" is from "It Makes You Cry". I also did use Sunlight and Shadow too in Chapter 1 which means it is at the very beginning of the story. So, working on Chapter 7 and I might have it done soon. Thanks!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
('Groans)! Oh well! I might as well work on the next chapter then. BTW: What are your favorite Fraggle Rock songs?

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Chapter 7

The Fraggles and their silly creature friends were on a journey. Karen took out her notepad from her small purse and knew what her plans were for the rest of the day. First, they want to have a visit to St. John so they can see him more time before he is buried, Next, have a stop somewhere to eat so Prell can make one call to Mike. Finally, stay at a hotel to figure out what songs to do even though all of the Muppets will only appear in the last song, or the closing number as Scooter would describe to end the funeral service.

Gobo was so excited that he could hardly wait to explore Outer Space. He strummed his guitar knowing that he is definitely enjoying being the way he always was as an explorer.

“It sure is great being an explorer.”

Headed down the road I'm going round and round.
Walking through the light and through the free and easy land.
All I want to know is how the world goes round.
All I want to be is a traveling, be a wandering man.

(Then, a silly creature appears next to him.)
Well you go one way.
See it's some kind of fun way.
Start exploring the two way
Wow it's just like a thruway.
When you get to the three way.
Can't be sure it's a free way.
Got to find me the true way.
That's the only way home.

Well you go one way.
See it's some kind of fun way.
Start exploring the two way.
Wow it's just like a thruway.
When you get to the three way.
Can't be sure it's a free way.
Got to find me the true way.
That's the only way home.

When his song ended, he heard someone say, “Pssssst, Gobo?”

“Huh,”

“It’s just me, Gobo! It’s Amy, remember?”

“Well, hi Amy!”

“I’m sorry about my disguise, but I don’t want Trish to see me.” Without hesitation, she took off her brown coat and swung it to her shoulder to carry.

“You know Trish is your best friend.”

“I know that, Gobo, but I missed her. So I kind of followed you guys, but it almost looked like nobody could see me. Well, the reason why I came here was I had a fight with my sister Beth and she really wanted to go with me, but I said no to her. That’s when we started arguing and finally Beth yelled at me and went to her room crying.”

“Gosh, maybe you hurt her feelings.”

“I guess I did make her feel bad, but my sister doesn’t want to have fun anymore. She’s like Boober Fraggle, Gobo. She no longer goes to parties or hangs out with her other friends, except Trish and I.

“She’s got her true friends?”

“Exactly! If Beth were here, I will probably make an apology to her and we will be great sisters again. When she started yelling at me last week, I thought she was crazy.”

“Don’t you hate it when you and Beth yell at each other. It almost sounded like the time when Uncle Mat and I were fighting.”

“Well, we don’t like to get mad at each other and if I didn’t have her, I would be the only girl and have one friend.

Gobo knew what it was like have a fight with a friend, then your friend is trying to make someone else feel bad. His friends had a fight before, but that didn’t stop them from ending their friendship and they would still forgive each other.

Trish then saw Amy. “Oh no,” she thought. “Amy is here!

“Trish,” Amy said in a quiet tone. “I’m sorry that I woke up Gobo last night and had an argument with you. You were right! I do see Fraggles after all, once they touch my hand. They’re so magical and considered to be the most intelligent creatures I ever seen.”

“I accept your apology, Amy.” Trish said with a sigh. “So, uh, you ready to go St. John too visit him even though you have not see him in person”

“Sure,” Amy said calmly. “Well, I am glad you’re keeping an eye on Boober, because this place is pretty dangerous. Otherwise, let’s not keep the group from waiting. We have to go to the St. John church.”

“Wait a minute,” thought Beth. “Amy and I are really getting along? I don’t believe it! She is my best friend. Might as well visit Jim even though he is no longer here anymore. Now I really like crying.”

Then she heard something from Jerry Nelson and others while they were still walking along the path of sidewalks.

“According to his instructions, from Jim,” Jerry started. “He wants us not to wear black and his last request was to have a jazz band, because he loves jazz.”

“Karen, you said the church was located at 1047 Amerstrdeam Avenue at New York, New York?” asked Richard.

“That’s right,” answered Karen.

“We’re far away from here,” Richard said panicking. We need a train or a taxi.” Then he thought for a moment for a moment and when they saw yellow cab coming, he yelled, “TAXI!”

The taxi finally stopped and every one of them one at a time got into the cab before it drove away.

“What’s a taxi?” asked Red curiously.

With that, the girls laughed except Gobo, Wembley, Mokey, and Boober, because they knew it was no joke. Silly creatures really don’t understand what the twenty-two inch creatures are trying to say. Karen looked at Red feeling bad that laughing at her was just like teasing.

After being quiet for a while, she paid the ride to the taxi driver. Finally, the cab finally stopped to the entrance of St. John and everybody including the Fraggles and the silly creatures got out of the taxi before it speeded away. They got out so quickly that they forgot to say thank you to the driver. When they entered, they saw of people crying, not just the silly creatures, but the Muppets too.

Karen, Kathy, Jerry, Richard and the Fraggles went closer to the casket since the people carried it in earlier that day.

Gobo went first and Jerry put him on his back so he could take a closer look. Then, he cleared his throat before saying something to him.

Well,” Gobo started. “I can’t believe you’re dead. I never got to tell you so many things. We both were great explorers and-” He started sobbing into his purple handkerchief after wondering so many moments he had with Jim, but he couldn’t help it.

“Everyone loved you and I… I guess this is goodbye.” Gobo said between sobs. Jerry then hugged him while he sobbed into his purple handkerchief.

Red was next! Karen lifted her up and put her on her back.

“You were my best friend. We would sing songs, play silly games, and maybe tell great jokes. I-I didn’t want you to say goodbye to you.”

Then, she couldn’t say anything else and started sobbing as Karen was patting her back to calm down.

Boober, meanwhile felt like he lost all hope, but maybe it will come again soon. Trish then nicely asked him to be on her back. At first, he refused because he was afraid of heights. Finally he sort of gave up his complaining and she put him on her back.

“You let us had fun and you had fun with us. Sometimes you help me with the laundry and the cooking. Why did you have to die like that? I hate long goodbyes, but terrible that you’re gone.”

Finally, he sobbed and Trish put him back down, gave him a clean handkerchief and a good hug.

“Tosh?”

“Yeah, Boober?”

“I hope you’re clean.”

“Don’t worry Boober! I’m fine and I am not sick, okay?”

“I lost a great friend and “fearless” leader.” Mokey said. “Cantus showed me that you have to listen and have an eternal “ping.”

When you long for the height of the mountains,
When you long for the blue,
Leave your heart where it’s deep and it’s down again,
Lose your heart til it’s new (Mokey sang)

Seek your heart on the high blue skyway,
Keep your heart and it’s bound.
Steep your heart in the deep of the earth again.
Lose your heart and it’s found. (Everyone except, Karen, Kathy, Steve, Jerry, and Richard sang)

One I thought I could fly like an eagle can.
Once I thought I was brave.
Now I wait till my heart starts to beat again,
Deep in the heart on the cave

Seek your heart on the high blue skyway,
Keep your heart and it’s bound.
Steep your heart in the deep of the earth again.
Lose your heart and it’s found.

Thank you for everything for what you taught us, Jim,” Mokey said.

Last but not least was Wembley. He couldn’t decide whether or not what to say about Mr. Henson. Instead of talking to his silly creature Steve, it was best to talk to his best friend

“I didn’t even get to say goodbye to him. I really miss him, Gobo.” Wembley said. “It was just like Mudwell, the mud bunny except he didn’t into a mud puddle.”

“Well, Wembley Gobo said. “Sometimes life isn’t fair, but there are times where we do have to say our goodbyes.”

Time to say goodbye to your home,
Places you’ve known,
Heart like a stone,
As you go.

Time to scramble down from the stream,
List rock and stream (?)
Golden and dreamed while you go, (??)

(Wembley joins in the song with Gobo)
Goodbye, Goodbye,
And every eye is dry.
Leavin’, there’s no grevin’ just a rainbow in the sky.
Goodbye, Goodbye.
Goodbye, Goodbye.

Time to say goodbye to our own,
To our only home,
Only place we’ve known like a glove.
Every dream we dreamed happened here,
Laughter and tears,
Moments and years that we loved

(Everyone except Karen, Kathy, Jerry, Steve, and Richard join in and sing)
Goodbye, Goodbye.
And every eye is dry.
Leavin’, there’s no grievin’ just a rainbow in the sky.
Goodbye, Goodbye.
Goodbye, Goodbye.
Goodbye, Goodbye
Goodbye

With nothing else to say, Karen, Kathy, Steve, Jerry, and Richard with the Fraggles now know it is time to go somewhere to eat and relax, because they have a big day tomorrow. They quietly left the church while everyone else didn’t notice what the Muppets or Fraggles were even up to.

Beth woke up from her sleep. She realized that she was no longer sleeping on a porch swing. She was in her comfortable bed even though she was not changed into her nightclothes. With nothing else to do, she started walking around her room to find someone to talk to. Unfortunately, she finally found a Red Fraggle toy even though she did not look like a stuffed animal.
“Oh Red,” cried Beth while talking to the delicate Red Fraggle toy. “I don’t know what to do. You’re not stubborn, but you are an energetic playful Fraggle. I’m scared and I miss my sister, Amy. Well, she’s my best friend too you know. I remembered when you sang a lullaby to Landford, even though you think lullabies are mushy and gushy I guess. I am not being mean to you, Red. It’s just well… after all of these years; I was acting like Boober, which sounds dumb. It was like you tried to be Mokey, because all of your friends were into Mokey’s poem. Now, I know exactly how I feel now. I am really a boring and dull silly creature. What should I do now? I wish you were here. I used to enjoy swimming and playing games. Oh, I wish I were in my sister’s footsteps instead of Boober’s or my dad’s.

Then she sang a slow song while rocking her Red Fraggle figurine.

Down a dark path through the willow woods,
There is a pond where,
Dream boats are docked in the cattail reeds,
I know, I've been there.

At the end of the trail,
When the last light has failed,
You can turn in your day cares,
And hoist up your sails.
Catch a ride out on a dream,
No fears, no cares.
I know, I've been there.

Wind on the pond strums the lily leaves.
Stars come, twinkling,
Moon on my cheek like a silky sleeve,
Starts me to thinking,

That the wind wafts and blows,
And the pond ebbs and flows,
And the moon comes and goes as it pleases to.
The wind, and the pond, and the moon and me,
Dreaming, our dreams.

With a quiet sigh and a groan, she put her toy back on the shelf where it belongs. Then, she noticed something that hasn’t seen before and also found a note. “What’s this?” she asked herself. “It says,

Dear Beth,
We know how much you miss your sister Amy and your best friend. We made arrangements and now you have an airplane ticket plus passes to New York for Jim’s funeral at St. John.

Love,
Mom & Dad

P.S: We took you and your guitar case as long you have your guitar to your bedroom so you will not feel crummy anymore.

“That does it,” Beth cried slamming the note back to her chair. “I am going to New York as soon as I packed up all my belongings. I don’t want my friends to miss me any longer. I am going to see Red and she’s my favorite. I don’t care if I have to stay here all cooped up any longer. I’m glad my parents went on vacation. I care about my friends and my family, not death or laundry.”

Finally, after she packed up and put her tickets and her notebook in her small bag. She took one set of keys and locked after herself with her stuff and was ready to go find her friends. She didn’t know that she was standing up for herself so she might see her friends after all. As she got to the airport, she went through security; making sure she had her tickets and finally got a plane. She hopes she finds Amy soon before it is too late. After getting on an airplane, they asked her if she wants any drinks. She always said no unless all she wanted were blankets and a pillow. She was so tired that she fell deeply asleep.

In her dream, she now has an alter ego named Belle. Something wasn’t right. Unlike Sidebottom, she was not a Fraggle, since Beth and Belle were silly creatures. Then, the worse came. Belle, the fun girl brought in Sidebottom, which was Boober’s alter ego. Two funny creatures! Now she claims that Belle has a She couldn’t stand it anymore. She finally woke up, because her dream was no longer strange, it was a nightmare.

“I gotta tell Boober,” Beth said with panic. “Side-bottom’s in my dream, not his.”

Then, she fell asleep although she had troubles with her dreams before.

:smirk: :dreamy: :coy: :sigh: :excited: :jim:
After a long taxi cab ride back to New York City, They all decided to take a walk. Then, Amy had an idea. She said,
"Trish, we need to talk."
"Great," thought Trish. "Now she wants to have an argument with me instead of being grateful for what I done to her.
"Everyone knows you are a traveler, miss know-it-all." Amy said smirkly.
"Well, I am more of an explorer and stop calling me "miss know-it-all." Trish yelled.
"Oh sure! You are so scared of death."
"I am not scared."
"Then, admit that you are a coward."
The argument continued! Boober and Gobo tried to stop them from arguing, but it was about to heat up.
"Then, I demand you to apologize."
"I demand an apology to you? There is no way I would do that."
"You know what?
"What?"
"You are stubborn!"
"That does it," yelled Amy. "You said my secret and you cannot say it. I am not your friend anymore, Trish. Mybe your name's Tosh, isn't it?"
"You're the one who called me Tosh?" Trish asked.
"Yes," said Amy. "It's your fault that Boober's here. That paranoid fraggle."
"I did nothing to him. Mokey took him to Outer Space."
"Really?"
"Yeah! You are such a Doozer!"
"I am not!"
"Yes you are!"
"Fine! Why don't you take Boober with you. I am never ever going to SPEAK to you again."
Then, Amy walked away to follow the rest of the group and Fraggles.
Gobo and Boober were now with Trish. She was so wrong to argue with Amy, but she just couldn't stand her. Now it was like Uncle Mat and Gobo fighting all over again.
"Gobo," Trish said. "You go with Amy. Boober and I are going to take a walk. We'll be with you guys later."
Gobo nodded with a "yes" and walked away to find Amy while Boober and Trish went to a different direction to clam down.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I'm sorry I took forever with the next chapter, but here is Chapter 8 with the first section that is edited and makes a little bit more sense. There are some good fraggle rockin' songs and regular stuff if you know what I mean.

Chapter 8

After a long taxicab ride back to New York City, They all decided to take a walk. Then, Amy had an idea. She said,
"Trish, we need to talk."

"Great," thought Trish. "Now she wants to have an argument with me instead of being grateful for what I done to her.

"Everyone knows you are a traveler, miss know-it-all." Amy said smartly.

"Well, I am more of an explorer and stop calling me "miss know-it-all." Trish yelled.

"Oh sure! You are so scared of death."

"I am not scared."

"Then, admit that you are a coward."

The argument continued! Boober and Gobo tried to stop them from arguing, but it was about to heat up.

"Then, I demand you to apologize."

"I demand an apology to you? There is no way I would do that."

"You know what?

"What?"

"You are stubborn!"

"That does it," yelled Amy. "You said my secret and you cannot say it. I am not your friend anymore, Trish. Maybe your name's Tosh, isn't it?"

"You're the one who called me Tosh?" Trish asked.

"Yes," said Amy. "It's your fault that Boober's here. He’s nothing, but a paranoid Fraggle."

"I did nothing to him and I do not believe he is paranoid. Mokey took him to Outer Space."

"Really?"

"Yeah! Besides, you are more of a Doozer than a Fraggle.”

"I am not!"

"Yes you are!"

"Fine! Why don't you take Boober with you for good. I am never ever going to SPEAK to you again."

“I am not taking Boober with me. He’s scared of me and he knows I am a SILLY CREATURE.”

“Fine, Trish!”

“FINE!”

Then, Amy walked away to follow the rest of the group and Fraggles.

Gobo and Boober were now with Trish. She was so wrong to argue with Amy, but she just couldn't stand her. Now it was like Uncle Mat and Gobo fighting all over again.

"Gobo," Trish said. "You and Boober go with Amy. I am going on a walk alone. See ya later, Boober It was n-nice knowing you."

Gobo and Boober agreed with her suggestion. Boober believed that hanging out with his own kind made him a little bit safer. Finally, they walked away to find Amy while Trish went to a different direction to calm down.

---------- :smirk: :sigh: :drool: ----------
Meanwhile, at a nice luxury hotel filled with tourist, travelers, and explorers, Lisa, a fan of the Muppets used to have a crush on Robin when she was very young. She and Scooter were now betting on what songs would make it to Mr. Henson’s funeral.

“Scooter, I bet you three dollars that the song, “Just One Person” will be performed by the Muppets,” suggested Sara.

“That song’s already on the list, Lisa.” yelled Scooter as he slipped a five-dollar bill inside a drawer.

“Sorry, Scooter,” apologized Lisa. “I had a rough week and without Jim now, Kermit has no voice.

They were quiet for a long time while Lisa was trying to come up with ideas. Then, she decided to say something that made her so nervous.

“Out of all the Muppet songs, the only song is so Fragglish is - Wemblin’ Fool. So, put that song on your checklist.”

“Check,” Scooter said.

“Was Richard Hunt here a while ago,” asked Lisa.

“Oh yeah! He came around the hallway and saw me in your reserved hotel room,” Scooter said.

“Great,” Lisa said. “Well, I wanted Robin to sing “When the River Meets the Sea”, but instead I heard that he wrote a note to Mr. Nelson that his songs “Halfway Down the Stairs” and “It’s In Everyone One of Us” will be sung by his good old friend Jerry after all. So, Scooter, you got those two songs down as well.”

“Yeah, Lisa!”

“Wonderful, then you go check on the other Muppets. Thank you, Scooter!

No problem, Lisa! See you later then.”

“Bye, Lisa!

“Goodbye, Lisa!”

After Scooter left, Lisa was relieved that now she could think about what other songs would pay a tribute to Jim Henson. She was glad Scooter started helping her and for coming to New York one day earlier.

---------- :wink: :jim: ----------
Beth woke up and realized the sun was not close to setting yet. She was revealed that the long ride was miserable, because she felt like she was about to shake. After getting out of the airplane. She saw a card that said, “BETH.” When she entered the airport through security and making sure she didn’t leave anything around. Someone she sort of met greeted her. Beth now kind of remembered what her name was, but it didn’t sound like she knew her old best friend.

“Hey Beth, my name is Colleen, a fan of the Smurfs and the Muppets.”

“Oh, I missed you so much,” Beth said smiling while giving her a big hug.

“Did you see the Fraggles before,” asked Colleen.

“Well, should I-I call you C-Collgoff or Colleen or was it the other way around even though I uh – “ Beth stammered.

“You are such a wembler,” Colleen laughed.

“Okay, so I do have a crush on Wembley or was it Gobo,”

“Beth!”

“Sorry, but Colleen ,I have a bad dream,”

“Don’t tell me it is a bunch of gorgs when you turned into a Fraggle.”

“No no no! My dream had Belle as my alter ego. The worst part is SIDEBOTTOM is in my dream.”

“WHAT,” screamed Colleen.

“It’s true, Colleen! That awful Sidebottom is in my dream, not Boober’s. Having too much fun is not good at all.”

“Then, why can’t you tell him your troubles?”

“Because he knows that I’m a silly creature filled with disgusting germs.”

“That is a problem! I have seen them before on TV, but I know where they are.

“Well, where are they?”

“Maybe they are somewhere around New York City.”

“Oh brother! I knew this would happen.”

“Come on, Colleen, We’ll find them before it gets dark.”

“Sounds like a good plan.”

Then, they walked out of the airport to begin their journey to find those Fraggles, Trish, and Amy. However, while they were still wandering around the streets of New York City. Beth knows something is missing.

“How about we should come up with a song while we around to look for them,” suggested Beth

“Great idea, Beth! What is it the one where Cotterpin – “

“Colleen, let’s get on with the song.”

“Okay,” Beth said. I don’t have a baloobious, but I won’t be scared. Oh! Oh! Yeah!”

“You got it, best friend. You know your rhythm,” Colleen said.

Every time I hit the highway,
Feels my spirits start fly alone.
I’m my own. (Beth sang)

(“I know what you mean, Beth.”)

Thank you breeze you’re blowing my way.
Got no cares and got no cause to moan.
I’m on my own.
Every way I wander is the way to go.
Every way I wander I find one more way to grow.
I’m on my own.

(“Now, let’s do this song together.”)

(“Oh, okay if you insist.”)

(Colleen and Beth sing together with harmony.)

Goodbye fears, you’ll never find us.
Goodbye worries, afraid we’re not at home
We’re on our own.

Hello sky, we’re right behind you.
Hello, highway, please don’t mind our tone.
We’re on our own.

Every way we wander is the way I want to go.
Every way we wander we find one more way to grow.
We’re on our own.
We’re on our own.
We’re on our own.
We’re on our own.
We’re on our own.

“Colleen, that was interesting,” Beth said. “I didn’t know you could do the low voice the way Cotterpin did.”

“All you could do was pass the time by singing,” Colleen said.

“Well, uh can we just find my sister, Amy, Trish and Fraggles,” Beth said.

“Okay! Do you really have the Booberish kind of talk,” asked Colleen.

“You don’t even want to know, Colleen. It’s a long story!”

------ --------

Karen was very nervous, because she forgot that Dave once gave her a secret that New York was not his favorite place. Since everyone including the Fraggles started getting respectful after the visitation for Jim Henson at St. John, she accompanied them to a restaurant. The girl talk took a long while between herself and her friend, Red Fraggle after Prell made her orders. She found out that maybe having a salad would not hurt her once in a while. After they had their own meals, Karen then excused Red that she has to a call to Mike.

Then, she walked to an open payphone to put her change in the slot and dialing her husband’s number by memory. He answered finally on the third ring since there was a lot of commotion going on.

“Hello? Mike? This is Karen and I am with my friends including Red at the restaurant,” she cried filling with some enthusiasm since feeling so intrigued that she was ready for the next day.
“Oh, hi sweetheart!” answered Mike. How was your trip?”
“It was exhausting and now we are with Amy,” she said with honesty “She’s very sweet and Jerry made a tough definite plan that Gobo should hang out with her instead.”
“That’s great,” said Mike warmly. Then, he tried to say something about the funeral, but she couldn’t hear him ‘cause she felt like there was a lot of singing going on. She saw if wasn’t from the Fraggles, but it must be from the “silly creatures” she figured.
“What? I can’t hear you, Mike,” she yelled. “There’s so much noise going on.”
“I’m at home and it is very quiet,” he answered. “I just woke up from my nap and had a nice quiet day.”
“You’re sounding like Boober, Mike,” she said. “That Fraggle always wants a quiet day. Boober is here is with his friends, but Trish wanted to go to a hotel to relax instead of hanging out with us.”
At one moment, a man was talking loudly to himself. She started groaning and thought, “That was rude and very annoying.”
“What is all the singing going on?” he said loudly to himself. “I even see a bunch of rats. They don’t even belong here.”
Karen gave him an angry look and tried to concentrate on what her husband was trying to say.
“ – and so a kid came to the door to tell me why you left and I said that you were at New York. The kid wishes you good luck for a safe trip. He later told that he should have gone out with you. I felt so sorry for him that he was so glum earlier today.”
“Well, I hope the little boy is okay,” said Karen. “Red and I are having a great time here at New York.”
“Wonderful,” said Mike. “You are really as tough as Red Fraggle.”
“You don’t understand,” the man yelled to a quiet woman. “There are little rodents at my favorite restaurant. I don’t what they are and why do you give a quiet stare.”
Karen gently tapped the tall man at the shoulder. “I am trying to have a conversation here, sir.”
“What?” the man said staring at her and looking back at the quiet lady. “There’s a puppeteer talking at me, ma’am. I do not even know what a puppet is. I probably know that you are a vegetarian for crying out loud. Also, the woman I talked to is a worker who works with PUPPETS.”
“Do you mind, SIR,” she said trying to get his attention. “I am trying to make a call to my husband and you are not cool to be so loud.”
“It sounds like a party, ma’am,” he said loudly to the woman not paying attention to Karen’s warnings. “She is wearing a sweater like that rodent down there with a long red bushy tail.”
“Get out of here mister and that rodent is a FRAGGLE,” Karen yelled.
“Karen? Are you okay? What’s going on out there,” said Mike. “It’s so quiet in my house that there is no noise in here for now.”
“I’m fine, honey,” answered Karen. “So what are you doing now?”
“Oh,” started Mike. “Got my laundry done and cooked myself a meal already. I was planning to baby-sit the little boy across the street since his parents are going out somewhere, but I can’t decide what to do.”
“Now you sound more like Wembley,” said Karen. “I hope you take good care of that kid then.”
“Not only is she a puppeteer, she entertains that stupid Fraggle,” the man said to the woman. “I wished those creatures would go away and these people are singing to entertain them right now.” How rude is – “
“Excuse me,” Karen yelled with determination. “I’m trying to talk to my hubby Mikey here.”
“Ma’am, she’s from California. Definitely a popular puppeteer,” the man said to the silent woman. You’re thinking that FRAGGLES are real creatures.” He stared at Karen and then continued talking loudly to a non-talker. Why would there be a puppeteer here?
Karen had enough with the loud talker, took the phone off her ear, and yelled at him to get out of her way. When that didn’t work out, she immediately saw a waiter right away and told him to escort the man out of the restaurant since he was not giving her space while having a phone conversation with her hubby.
“Ma’am,” he said loudly as he was dragged to the door “You are crazy, because you love puppets more than friends.”
“I’m sorry, Mike,” Karen said after the rude guy was gone. “I could not stand that man. He was so annoying and he looked more like Large Marvin than Feeny to me.”
“I wished I did not drink too much coffee this afternoon after you left,” he grumbled under his breath.
“I miss you honey.” Karen said with a smile.
“I miss you too, Karen,” said Mike with a sad expression in his voice. “So, you are coming to California right after the funeral or the next day when you get over Jim’s loss.”
“I just had a meal with Red and she brought her own meal, which is radish and doozer sticks. Well prepared pompous Fraggle she always is.” Then, she let out a giggle believing that her part of the event was more like a joke.

Poor Mike. He was like Boober Fraggle or a Doozer kind of guy working so hard that he did not have time for fun and games or to hang out with a little boy across the street. Karen felt so horrible for leaving her friend Red while she is busy having a phone call with her sweetheart while he was at home doing not much except talking to his crazy and beautiful wife. Speaking of conversations, she forgot that she had to pay her meal. She wouldn’t mind if she and her friends would stay a while longer to hang out and entertain their friendly fans. The noise died down a little so Prell can now hear her husband.

“I should go now, pumpkin,” Karen insisted. “I do not want to leave Red Fraggle all alone.”
“Well, I know how excited she was glad to see you,” Mike said quietly “It sounded like she acted scared to you like the very first time you guys met”
“I know, Mike! I will call you tomorrow when I have the strength to talk to you,” Karen said, and said her sweet goodbyes before he quietly hanged up, which meant their conversation was done.
With her promises made, she sat with Red, but this time Mokey also joined with them at the table.
“You okay, Karen,” asked Red. “We heard some gorg brain that was so annoying a silly creature had to get him out of here.”
Karen’s eyes were wide-eyed with shocked. “I forgot what was behind me that was being all you know loud talking and rude,” she said. “I was talking to Mikey.”
Mokey giggled. “I like the pet name you give to your friend. He sound’s so dreamy.”
Karen was satisfied with Mokey’s explanation. “Well, so does Mike, Mokey,” she said, and they all finally let out a great laugh knowing that there’s good times that are about to come.

Then, the doors opened and it was their silly creature songwriter, Philip Balsam. Once he saw Gobo Fraggle, he started a song while playing his guitar.

Follow me, Gobo! Follow me! You see,
Every day the world begin again
Sunny skies or rain
Come and follow me

Every sunrise shows me more and more
So much to explore
Come and follow me

(Gobo joins Phil Balsam with harmony)
Every morning, every day
Every evening, calling me away.

“Now Gobo, you start,” suggested Balsam.

While the sun goes ‘round
I’ll still be found
Following the sound.
Something’s calling me

When the world goes drifting back to bed
Memories in my head
Wonders follow me (Gobo sang)

Every morning, every day
Every evening, calling me away

(One more time, Gobo,”)

Every morning, every day
Every evening, calling me away

All right, Wembley! Your song’s next?

“Oh boy,” Wembley said excited. “This song will knock your socks and baloobiuses off.”

I believe in magic words.
I believe in love.
I believe in buried treasure falling from above.
One more time the world goes round.
One more magic day.
Now I've learned the magic sound that speeds it on its way.

And it goes pukka, pukka, pukka, pukka squeetily boink.
Sweet melody.
Pukka, pukka, pukka, pukka squeetily boink.
Neat harmony.

Whoa, pukka, pukka, pukka, pukka squeetily boink.
That's music to me.
Pukka, pukka squeetily dee.

You can learn the magic too.
You can learn to sing.
You can learn the special words that live in everything.

Teach your ear to here the stones.
Listen to the trees.
Magic is as magic does.
It lives in you and me.

And it goes pukka, pukka, pukka, pukka squeetily boink.
Sweet melody.
Neat harmony.

Whoa, pukka, pukka, pukka, pukka squeetily boink.
That's music to me.
Pukka, pukka, pukka, pukka squeetily dee

After Wembley’s song, Phil decided to take a break from Fraggle Rock songs.

“Well, I guess it’s Gobo’s turn again, but if he knows the song, then I can play it if I want to.

“I know a song that reminds me of my home, but the silly creature taught me this song last night, because the creator was a fan of John Denver “

“Who’s John Denver,” asked Red.

“Well Red,” Alison started. “Like Gobo, he does play a string instrument, but it is a guitar, not a gourd.”

“Gotcha,” Red said.

Gobo started with his string instrument and starts the song while everybody joins in the chorus.
He was born in the summer of his 27th year,
coming home to a place he'd never been before.
He left yesterday behind him
you might say he was born again,
might say he found a key for every door.
When he first came to the mountains
His life was far away
on the road and hanging by a song.
But the strings already broken
and he doesn't really care,
it keeps changing' fast, and it don't last for long.
It's a Colorado Rocky Mountain High,
I've seen it raining fire in the sky
the shadows from the starlight are softer than a lullaby.
Rocky Mountain High, ...in Colorado....
Rocky Mountain High.

He climbed cathedral mountains; he saw silver clouds below,
saw everything as far as you can see.
And they say that he got crazy once and that he
tried to touch the sun,
and he lost a friend, but kept the memory.
Now he walks in quiet solitude, the forest and the stream,
seeking grace in every step he takes,
his sight is turned inside himself, to try and
understand, the serenity of a clear blue mountain lake.

And the Colorado Rocky Mountain High,
you can talk to God and listen to the casual reply.
Rocky Mountain High...in Colorado....
Rocky Mountain High.

Now his life is full of wonder,
but his heart still knows some fear,
of the simple things he cannot comprehend.
Why they try to tear the mountains down
to bring in a couple more.
More people, more scars upon the land.

It's the Colorado Rocky Mountain High,
I know he'd be a poorer man if he never saw an bird fly
Rocky mountain high
It's the Colorado Rocky Mountain High,
I've seen it raining fire in the sky.
Friend around the campfire and everybody's high....
Rocky Mountain High, Rocky Mountain High,
Rocky Mountain High
Rocky Mountain High

While everyone else was having a good time, Amy was not having a wonderful time at all. She was sad, sort of grumpy, and felt so bad for yelling at Trish, her only true best friend.

“Hi,” said the woman that ignored the awful man a while ago.

“Don’t guess, you’re a Muppet fan too,” Amy said with a heavy sigh.

“Well, I was quiet and I forgot to tell him to leave Miss Prell alone. I’m glad someone dragged him out,” the woman said, as she was putting her hand on her knee.

“Trish was right! I was wrong to call her Tosh. It’s a Fragglish name. Big deal,” suggested Amy.

“Well, my name is Alison, but you can call me Figgie,”

“Well, Figgie, they are having a great time and I am just so blue,” Amy said.

“So, you got the blues and now without your friend or your sister, you lost all hope and feeling helpless,”

“Well, I have never ever been this sad before.”

Amy then sings,
Going down the road,
Sun don't shine.
No one in the world is a friend of mine.
Looks like trouble so it's looking real fine.

Get blue.
(Doop do dooba dooba do da do)
("Will you be quiet? (Groans)!)

Boober joins in while continuing the song, even though she believes this is his favorite song.
Going down the road,
Sing a little song.
People say they're happy,
But people are wrong.
Trouble's gonna get us and it won't be long.

Get blue.

Going down the road,
The sun don't even shine.
No one in the world is a friend of mine.
Looks like trouble so it's looking real fine.

Get blue.
"Ah, dooba do yourself," Boober and Amy said together before sighing.

Amy now realized she was not the only one who was having a bad day. Then, she noticed that since Trish took a direction all by herself. She could put herself in peril. She knew exactly what to do and she doesn’t want anyone lost in this crazy city. She made the mess to Trish and she has to fix it by finding her. With no chance to lose, she wants Boober and Mokey to go with her. Although Boober was scared, he was so glad that Mokey came to Outer Space with him. Then, they left the restaurant without noticing that Red, Gobo, and Wembley are still having a conversation with Phil.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Oh, I forgot to give the credits of what the songs were:

Chapter 8
- One Way Home (One Way, Thru Way, Free Way) - From the Fraggle Rock episode, "Sir Hubris & the Gorgs"
- Lose Your Heart (And It's Found) - From the Fraggle Rock episode, "Mokey & the Minstrels"
- Good-bye, Good-bye (Just a Rainbow in the Sky) - From the Fraggle Rock episode, "Manny's Land of Carpets
- The Wind, and The Pond, and The Moon and Me – from the Fraggle Rock episode, “The Beanbarrow, the Burden, & the Bright Bouquet”

Chapter 9
- I’m on my Own (slightly altered when sang by duet) – From the Fraggle Rock episode, “The Cavern of Lost Dreams”
- Follow Me – from the first Fraggle Rock episode, “Beginnings”
- Pukka, Pukka, Pukka Squeetily Boink (my favorite Wembley song) – from the Fraggle Rock episode, “Wembley’s Wonderful Whoopie Water”
- Rocky Mountain High – by John Denver (I made a definite song choice for regular songs)
- Get Blue – from the Fraggle Rock episode, “I Don’t Care”

So, what do you think of my song choices everyone?

Vincent L

Reaction score
It must be hard writing a story like this, as the relationship between the Muppets/Fraggles are quite confusing.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
It must be hard writing a story like this, as the relationship between the Muppets/Fraggles are quite confusing.
Well, the Fraggles and the Muppets are part of a big Muppet family. Otherwise, getting ready to do chapter 9 sometime this week.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Chapter 9

“LISA! LISA! OPEN UP PLEASE”

Lisa woke up from the middle of her nap in her reserved hotel room. She knows it must be Beth outside of the hallway. She opened up and found Beth and Colleen exhausted.

“Are you okay,” asked Lisa while she let them in since she knew Beth before since she was in her school.

“No,” Beth started. “I can’t find Trish anywhere I might as well find her tomorrow. As I got here, somebody was making noise and I heard Oscar, the grouch said that he doesn’t want a bath.”

“So, that’s how you smell awful,” said Lisa, as she was holding her nose from the smell.

“Right,” Beth said. “I got closer to him and he was so grouchy. Ugh! He’s sometimes reminds me of my dad. Ugh! If you need me, I am going to the assigned hotel room with Colleen and take a shower. I am filled with nasty germs from that dark green Muppet.”

“Okay,” Lisa said, with a chuckle. “I will see you in the morning then. Bye!”

Lisa then closed the door gently after Lisa and Colleen left the room before she collapsed on her bed and closed her eyes to finish her nap before Scooter comes back with results for Jim’s memorial.

While Lisa was tired, Colleen and Beth were back in their room and Beth was extremely angry for getting near Oscar at his fowl and awful smell.
“Look at me, Colleen,” Beth said, with her cheeks growing hot on her face. “I am covered with germs and soiled myself. Yuck!”
“Don’t worry about getting dirty,” suggested Colleen. “You can get cleaned up tomorrow.”
“No,” Beth said. “There’s no way I am waiting til’ tomorrow. I am washing up right now.”
“That’s going to be your second shower for the day, Beth.”
“There is always something exciting around there. That’s what’s wrong with this world.”
“You are so Booberish.”
“That’s right! I help my parents with the laundry and the cooking. I don’t even swim!”
“Maybe someone can teach you how to swim.”
“I don’t want to talk about it right now, Colleen. I got a shower to have right now.
“Okay,” Colleen said sighing. “By the way, you did tell me earlier that when you were young, your friends heard you watch Fraggle Rock and they said that all Fraggles are pesitimic. I stood up from those liars for you and I told you the truth Boober Fraggle is the pesitimic one in Fraggle Rock.”
Beth did not answer from Colleen since she was already in the bathroom as she took off her soft while silk robe and stepped in into the shower so nobody would bother her for a while.
“Oh well,” Colleen said to herself. “She will talk to me later once she cleans up her germs and odor from that filthy Muppet. Sheesh!”

:excited::smirk: :coy: :dreamy: :sigh:

It was now close to nighttime and Trish couldn’t get over the way Amy acted by arguing and making her friendly creatures suffer. With a lot of noise around her even the cars honking so loudly, she was very scared and lonely.

“That Amy drives me nuts,” Trish said to herself. “Now I sound like Red. Ohhh! No one cares about me anymore.”

Lonely, lonely as can be
No one knows and no one wonders what becomes of me.
No one understands the way it feels to feel like me.
Sick of only me
Lonely as can be

Show me, why I can't be free.
Show me something better than just lying here with me.
No one understands the way it feels to feel like me.
Sick of only me
Lonely as can be
Thinking about the loneliness of me.

“That song sort of made me too happy, but I am all by myself,” Trish said, while watching the cars go by. “If I had not been fighting with Amy, I wouldn’t be so lonely in the first place. I should have told her to stop fighting with me. I even try to tell her that Fraggles are kept a secret.”

Then, she hears a deep and serious voice.

“Listen,” the voice said.

“Who are you,” Trish called out, so it can hear her.

“Listen,” the voice said again.

“Listen to what? What are your rules?” Trish said questioning.

“There are no rules and those are the rules,” the voice said.

Before she blurted anything else out of her mouth, the white light came and before her eyes was a tall elderly looking tan Fraggle. She forgot it was Cantus, the Minstrel who travels through unknown places of Fraggle Rock.
“I don’t have time for this, sir,” Trish said, while feeling shaky.

“No time is wasted time,” Cantus said.

“Then, what am I,” Trish asked.

She was shocked that she was talking to a Fraggle. It was the silly creatures that travels and is the minstrel leader of the Rock.

“Youuuuu are youuuu,” Cantus answered.

“So, I-I am a silly creature and y-you are a (n) F-Fraggle,” Trish said, shuddering. Then, what am I supposed to do now?”

“Listen,” Cantus said.

Before she could explain what he meant, the Fraggle disappeared, and then she heard a song that sounded familiar.

Feel the water flowing.
Feel it coming, feel it going,
In the river, in the rain or in the sky

One day it's an ocean.
One-day ice in motion
One day it's a teardrop in your eye.

Once I wasn't here,
And then I suddenly appeared,
And now I seem to be at home in earth and air.

Just like water flowing,
I know where I'm going.
Look beneath your boots and I'll be there.

It's just a dream away.
You've got to leave to stay.
We'll meet again someday,
Just a dream away

As she walked closer before he even started taking in his deep breathing in and out. She started remembering who he was. He had brown hair, blue eyes, a nice old brown cap (sort of similar to Boober’s), and looked young in his teens.

“Was that you singing, sir,” Trish asked.

“AHHHHHHHHH,” the teenaged boy screamed, waking up like it was a nightmare. “Monsters! Gorgs! Is this the road to Harry Krishna or am I at Hollywood?”

“Stop, please,” Trish said out loud. “It’s just me. You probably had a nightmare”

“Is that you, Trish,” asked the boy, wearily.

“Yeah,” Trish said. “I am myself, but what’s your name?”

“Vincent Liu,” the boy said. “What else would I be, Trish. I still live in California, but I used to be one of your close neighbors.”

“I came because I-I want to go to Jim Henson’s funeral,” Trish said, feeling so shaky that she was at a loss of words.

“I know,” Vincent said softly. “Can I tell you why I moved somewhere else instead of being your neighbor?”

“Why do you want to do that,” Trish asked with concern.

“Well, before I tell you my story, there’s one favor you can do for me,” Vincent said trying not to stammer.

“What would it be, Mr. Vincent?”

“Will you please get me some tea? I have an awful headache from sleeping on the concrete steps?”

Trish groaned in a Red kind of way and walked away to find tea for her friend that was lost, but then was found.

:excited::dreamy:

Beth was finally done washing after scrubbing off the smelliness she got from a disgusting Muppet with lots of soap and water. Then, she got dressed by wearing clean clothes including her t-shirt and shorts before covering them into her white silk robe. Then, she came out of the bathroom with her dirty smelly clothes and put them a Ziploc bag.

“Are you done being claustrophobic,” Colleen finally asked after she was done reading her book.
“Yeah, I sort of am, Colleen,” Beth sighed. “Will you go get someone to wash Oscar? I am not doing it.”
“Ha! Why would I do it,” Colleen said.
Beth then stared at her with an annoying look.
“All right, stop giving me those angry eyes. I will wash Oscar. I knew you can get annoyed at grouches.”
“You got that right,” Beth said in a huff. “I never go see near a germy creature. I would smell like rotten garbage. Yuck!”

Then, they heard an explosion and some yelling. It must have been from Gonzo and Fozzie realizing that they said something that made Crazy Harry cause an explosion. Next, they heard a loud crash probably from a Muppet penguin. Finally, the chaos got a little worse. It was from Gobo and Red Fraggle.

Colleen had no idea what it was and she opened the door so she can hear what they are fighting about.

Sorry I made this chapter short, but the next one will be a little bit longer. Promise!

Song Credits
Lonely As Can Be – from the Fraggle Rock episode, “Playing Til’ It Hurts
Just A Dream Away – from the Fraggle Rock episode, “Gone But Not Forgotten