Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

Hubert

Reaction score
Just something I'm announcing (not that anyone even cares), but my inspirational type blog, Dynamite Determination, is going to be switching to all Jerry Nelson related posts for a while, whether it's dissecting a song he sang, a quote one of his characters had or anything else. I'm also planning on starting up two new recurring article series. In honor of Jerry, unlike what we previously did, we're going to come up with a post everyday for a few weeks related to him.

Vincent L

Reaction score
I care. I just finished all your posts, except The Way I Got To Go, for fear of spoilers. I'm looking forward to the Jerry Nelson posts!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've been trying very hard to find the right words to express this...

His voice is irreplaceable and we'll all miss it. His talent was undefinable, and that will be missed too. While he did have a lot of star characters, what I like to remember about him is the fact he was so versatile that he'd do more incidental characters than any other puppeteer. While some like to dub him the Mel Blanc of the Muppets, I actually liken him to the ever versatile Paul Frees. That is, in Rocky and Bullwinkle, his only main characters were Boris and Inspector Fenwick (as well as recurring characters, such as Peter Peachfuzz) but he played almost every single incidental role in all the other cartoons.

Saying that he'll be missed is an understatement. He was one of the first of the Muppet performers after all, a founding member when the group went national. He really got to shine in Sesame Street and became a staple of Muppet projects ever since. We lost a link to the beginning of the group, and that's pretty depressing itself.

Thankfully, he is immortalized by all of his outstanding input on all of those wonderful Muppet projects.

Quesal

Reaction score
I never got the chance to meet Jerry in person, but I did have the honor of talking to him on Facebook a couple of times. His voice was always a delight to hear in Muppet productions whether he was playing Robin, Floyd, Gobo, Count, or any of the limitless ensemble and whatnot characters he's played. RIP Jerry

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I never got the chance to meet Jerry in person, but I did have the honor of talking to him on Facebook a couple of times. His voice was always a delight to hear in Muppet productions whether he was playing Robin, Floyd, Gobo, Count, or any of the limitless ensemble and whatnot characters he's played. RIP Jerry
Amen.
Are you going make a Jerry Nelson tribute video with your puppets?

Beauregard

Reaction score
*sigh* So its been a day, and far from feeling better, I actually feel worse about it...Kicking myself for not writing to him when he was alive just to let him know about one more soul that he had truly touched. I'm gunna be writing to the other very soon to let them know what they mean to me.

RC1979

Reaction score
Can not find this anywhere online, but one muppet show episode had this song called "Good day" playing while Fritz, played by strangepork (a nelson character) went up to heaven. I would have posted it here somewhere. For now here is something fitting to Jerry's death,