Remembering Gerry Parkes, 1924-2014

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure if there's another thread already available, nor if this should stay in the Henson People section or moved to the Fraggle Rock folder...

According to an article posted at toughpigs, Gerry Parkes, the actor most known to us for portraying Jerome "Doc" Crystal in the North American version of Fraggle Rock has passed away today. Please use this thread to post your memories about the actor and/or the role, keeping in mind that this is a family-oriented forum.

We will miss you Gerry, thanks for reminding us we can never leave the magic. :smirk:

Rugratskid

Reaction score
No words can describe how I feel right now. I also saw an article here. He's really gonna be missed; he was one of the biggest parts of Jim's creations (in the human cast).

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Very sad news. He was excellent in Fraggle Rock, and developed an excellent sense of timing with Steve Whitmire's Sprocket. He definitely was a big part of why the show was so special, especially in the last couple of episodes.

Cookie Chris

Reaction score
Rest in peace, Gerard! You lived a long and full life, and it's always a miracle in this day and age for someone to reach 90 or more years of life. My deepest prayers and sympathies go out to his partner, closest relatives, and personal and professional friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

RowlfFan12

Reaction score
It saddens me that he is gone. From what little I have seen of the show (newbie to this show), Doc is a great character and is a great owner of Sprocket. I love when he tries to be more positive about things, and then decides to just forget it all and get mad about not having any water.
RIP Gerry Parkes. You helped give the magic, and we will always have it in us.