Remembering Charles Durning (Doc Hopper) 1923-2012

theSHE124

Reaction score
First Jack Klugman, now him. And on the same day. Waaaaah.....:cry:
R.I.P Charles Durning
Haven't heard of Jack, but I did read '12 Angry Men' back at high school (Didn't do well on the essay:frown:) . He must've been a good actor for that adaptation. :dreamy:
Back into theme, the first Muppet Movie is among my personal favorites! :smile: On one Senorial Day on Homestar Runner, Bubs said, "I'm the hoppity frog of values!" (To which, the guys go "What??") They did some or another Muppet parodies, but for somebodys to understand the 'gruesome' humor of Doc Hopper (I thought he looked funny in a frog costume, even if he was truly after Kermit's legs! :eek:), the brother Chaps must really like Muppet stuff. Not sure if it correlates to their puppetry, I'm just saying. :smirk:
Truly, Charles Durning will always be remembered. Merry Christmas to both. :sigh:

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Haven't heard of Jack, but I did read '12 Angry Men' back at high school (Didn't do well on the essay:frown:) . He must've been a good actor for that adaptation. :dreamy:
Back into theme, the first Muppet Movie is among my personal favorites! :smile: On one Senorial Day on Homestar Runner, Bubs said, "I'm the hoppity frog of values!" (To which, the guys go "What??") They did some or another Muppet parodies, but for somebodys to understand the 'gruesome' humor of Doc Hopper (I thought he looked funny in a frog costume, even if he was truly after Kermit's legs! :eek:), the brother Chaps must really like Muppet stuff. Not sure if it correlates to their puppetry, I'm just saying. :smirk:
Truly, Charles Durning will always be remembered. Merry Christmas to both. :sigh:
Amen.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I just got the news in an online article. That's so sad! As Muppet fans, we will all miss him as Doc Hopper and as Santa Claus.

RIP Mr. Durning

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Oh no. I loved him as Doc Hopper!
I'll be watching The Muppet Movie tonight in his honor.

Another sad day in the Muppet world. May he rest in peace.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
I am very shocked to hear that Charles Durning passed away. He was 89 years old. I cannot believe this has happened. :frown::cry: R.I.P. Charles Durning (1923-2012).

Hubert

Reaction score
:frown: Rest in peace, Charles. You will be missed.

And in the same light as others have said, we should all watch TMM again sometime soon in honor of him.