Remember these PBS funding credits?

salemfan

Reaction score
When I was little in the early 1990s, some PBS show had the sponsors Mentos and (I think) Duracell. Does anybody know what show it was?

Also, I remember the funding credits for the PBS show A.M. Weather, also in the early 1990s. The sponsors I remember were the U.S. Department of Transportation(I think so because of the logo I remember), Phillips 66. Does anybody remember all the sponsors of A.M. Weather from the early 1990s?

sesameguy

Reaction score
Starting in the 1980s or so, my local station would announce a sponsor for Sesame Street just before the show began. At first it was a local credit union, then later on it became Play Co. Toys. I guess it's possible that Mentos and Duracell were also sponsoring local PBS programming.

salemfan

Reaction score
The way I remember the Duracell and Mentos funding credits were in the format of nationwide PBS sponsors. The local sponsors on my local station(WGBH)had a membership card come on screen, with a voiceover announcing, "Local broadcast of(name of show)was made possible by our members, in partnership with(membership card flipped over to show sponsor's logo and sponsor's name announced)." Or maybe those two weren't on PBS.