Regular Show Series Talkback!

mr3urious

Reaction score
Did anyone see the recent episode "Power Tower"? The producers messed up for some reason and aired an unfinished version with overly bright colors and strange textures (and Muscle Man looking like he just had a taste of that acid-laced candy from the pilot!). At first I thought it was a change in the art style! :big_grin:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Regular-Show-Power-tower-wierd-graphics-414506195

Still interesting to see either way.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering where I watch Regular Show, I thought it was a bad file. The colors didn't really bug me as much as the fact that it looked like... how do I explain this...

Anyone who's ever used MS paint or some other digital art program and the tolerance is low (or can't be changed) how when you paint something in, there's a pixilated white aura that mistranslates the black on white into a black with a barrier of very light gray, then white.... and so when you color something in, it has that white aura that shouldn't really be there.

The show was lousy with that. They're clearly looking to fix this for future broadcasts and DVD release.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Considering where I watch Regular Show, I thought it was a bad file. The colors didn't really bug me as much as the fact that it looked like... how do I explain this...

Anyone who's ever used MS paint or some other digital art program and the tolerance is low (or can't be changed) how when you paint something in, there's a pixilated white aura that mistranslates the black on white into a black with a barrier of very light gray, then white.... and so when you color something in, it has that white aura that shouldn't really be there.

The show was lousy with that. They're clearly looking to fix this for future broadcasts and DVD release.
It has been fixed already, I saw it on tv again the next day. I thought the same thing about Paint myself!! :laugh:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm glad they're finally catching up with the comic book series. There were so many delays, and 2 months went by without a single issue. They're supposed to be on number 8 by now, but they're only up to number 6.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Did anyone here watch the Thanksgiving special? I have to say I think it was the best thing the show's ever done to this point. The double-length allowed it to stretch the plot out more, the musical numbers were hilarious, and I loved seeing everyone's family at the end of it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Missed it myself even after I knew it would be yesterday, maybe if the second Adventure Time episode had been something other than the one where Princess Bubblegum disses magic to get a cure for the common cold I would have stuck around to watch the Regular Show T-Day special. Meh, I'll catch it today or whenever it reruns later in the week.
And I kind of knew the clip where the narrator aludes to finally seeing the parents would be the ending.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Did anyone here watch the Thanksgiving special? I have to say I think it was the best thing the show's ever done to this point. The double-length allowed it to stretch the plot out more, the musical numbers were hilarious, and I loved seeing everyone's family at the end of it.
I really hope that butthead Donald Trump didn't catch that episode. Then we'd have to see that gazillionare manchild whine about a cartoon making fun of him. :hungry:

Say, was Don in that episode near the end? I swear I saw him in one shot. Surprised he wasn't there a little more. And something tells me they only made a Thanksgiving episode because they wanted to show Thomas making good on losing the bet in the Halloween episode.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Dunno, but Don did show up in the basketball bankshot episode.

Drtooth

Reaction score
He wouldn't have said anything. It was a background shot near the end. I swear I could have seen him for a split second, but it could also have been Rigby's father at an angle where you don't see his Ned Flanders mustache and hair.

Actually... anyone else think it was weird that Rigby's father looked like Ned Flanders?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Say, was Don in that episode near the end? I swear I saw him in one shot. Surprised he wasn't there a little more. And something tells me they only made a Thanksgiving episode because they wanted to show Thomas making good on losing the bet in the Halloween episode.
I didn't catch him, but it was hard to completely get a read on who was there with all the quick shots. I'll certainly be watching it again and look for Don to see if he's there.