Regular Show Series Talkback!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm glad it isn't. This way, they have to be way more clever in writing around censorship. We'd just have obvious sex and drug references, and that's easy humor. Regular Show derives its humor from odd situations coming out of mundane ones. No drugs or alcohol... it's really happening (considering Mordecai and Benson came out of a short about clerks taking LSD). That's a lot more interesting, don't you think?
Can't determine whether that's more interesting or not, but I wonder if there could be a successful adult cartoon series that frequently has loads of obvious sex and drug humor but also has just as many episodes without that kind of humor.

Drtooth

Reaction score
AS shows (at least certain ones) tend to go overboard with that kind of humor. Robot Chicken especially. I love adult animation and all, but writing around censorship is far more clever than saying something outright. Like the Finger Prints joke from Animaniacs. You hear that on Family Guy, nothing... a kid's show? The fact it got by the censors is shocking and hilarious.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You hear that on Family Guy, nothing... a kid's show? The fact it got by the censors is shocking and hilarious.
Well, on Family Guy I often laugh at things that normally wouldn't be funny. Like whenever a "parody" is really just a recreation of a scene from a movie or something only with Family Guy characters in place of the originals, or whenever live-action is used (if the scenes were animated or the whole series was live-action most of them would't be so funny). Not to mention times when characters are inserted into clips from live-action movies (like Brian in Die Hard or Stewie replacing Jerry in Anchors Away).

AquaGGR

Reaction score
This is one of the best animated shows I've seen in a while. I love the '80s references and the deadpan acting (from Mordecai and Benson in certain episodes). This show isn't really "for kids", it's more "kids can watch". Yes, there's a difference.

The complete first and second seasons have been released on DVD with commentary for every episode and J.G. Quintel (creator of the show)'s original student film "The Naive Man From Lolliland" (in which a proto-Pops visits America and gets himself in a fight).

snichols1973

Reaction score
One thing I hated about Terror Tales of the Park II (October 2012) was how Benson had to be such a tyrannical ogre when it came to limiting the scary stories.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Benson's character varies with every episode. Sometimes you feel bad for him (like in "Think Positive"), and sometimes he feels overly angry or kinda annoying ("Muscle Mentor").

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Dudes, tonight's episode threw a major wrench in the works. Mordikay asks Margaret to be his girlfriend at a restaurant, the park gang gets busted for a counterfeit Amadeus dollar bill ring, the return of the criminal gang from the Fun-Fun Zone... And Margaret says she can't be Mordikay's girlfriend because she got accepted at her dream school.
Nooooooooooooo!

Even the criminal ringleader, Papa Bear, says that school's overrated.
Serious props for tieing in continuity plots from different episodes in the show's past like this.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Yeah, this episode (season finale of season 4) definitely changed things up. It seemed like things were finally looking up for Mordecai and Margaret, but her leaving obviously changes things. One thing I noticed in this episode was how Rigby's attitude seems to have changed about Mordecai and Margaret; before (like in the episode about the Friend Zone), he was dismissive and rude about their relationship, but in this episode, he was really supportive both when Mordecai told him he was going to ask her to be his girlfriend and after she left. I wonder if a storyline for next season will be the "maturation" of Rigby, sort of like how this season focused on Mordecai getting up the courage to ask out Margaret.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If the next season/batch of episodes focus on Rigby growing up, I hope they at least include some eps with him and Eileen. And I'm also wanting Thomas to be integrated better, beyond his "I'm just an interm" schtick.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Eileen's great; her monotone voice definitely sells the absurd things she says. This is probably my favorite moment of hers.