Red and Gobo

SSLFan

Reaction score
Did anyone ever see :excited: and :smirk: as a couple, or is it just me? Even though, it is somewhat clear they are just friends. Whatcha' think?

BEAR

Reaction score
This has been discussed many times over. Some people feel that they were and some say they weren't. As for myself, I don't really have much of an opinion yet.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There was occasionally some innocent romantic tension there I think.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I always saw them as a couple...until I saw the show and realised that they wern't.

Does that make sense? Probably not.

I'd seen many pictures, drawings, and articles about Fraggle Rock. I knew all about the characters, the trashheaps, and the raddishes...and I assumed that Gobo and Red were a couple. When I saw the show, I was amazed at how little Red and Gobo interacted and that they wern't together.

Of course I have only seen 12 episodes from random series...but...they seemed more like rivals.

Pork

Reaction score
I think Red likes Gobo more than Gobo likes Red.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I do not think they are a couple but out of all the Fraggles I think they would make the best couple. Their personalities are the most similar and I think their competitiveness would make for an interesting always fun relationship ... although that could also cause some major problems.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Although I now don't view the Fraggles at ALL through a romantic lense, I definitely remember thinking, as a kid, that Red had a crush on Gobo, Gobo had a crush on Mokey and Mokey and Boober had some sort of understanding. Haha! It's funny when I think about it now...

But Red totally does display the same behaviors that I did when I had a crush on some kid in like the 2nd grade, so I can see where I got that impression.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The way I see it... Red liked Gobo but didn't want to believe it, and Gobo had a huge amount of respect for Mokey, so showed some liking for her, and Mokey just thought of Gobo as a cute little kid, but had some sort of thing for Boober, and I think at times he reluctantly returned the emotions.

Wembley was the awesome little brother just watching them all and shaking his head. :stick_out_tongue:

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I don't know that I ever saw them as a couple; they're both too competitive with each other! And what's funny is that I never really saw any kind of connection between them at all until I got season one and started really watching these shows again. There definitely IS some kind of special connection there, but again I don't see the "couple"-ness simply because, even though they are certainly good friends, their own pride would get in the way much too often.