Rare Dark Crystal and Labyrinth photos

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
Nice work on the castle, Laszlo! Was MindStyle the only company that had plans to produce a commercially available castle? I would have liked one, but I'm not sure I would have paid the suggested price.

In your bookshelf photo, I see a wooden Chamberlain sculpture and Jen's flute. Can you tell me anything about those?

Also, which of those screen-used props are part of your personal collection?

-Murray

Dearth

Reaction score
Great photos.

I know someone on another forum who was selling some Aviva prototype figures a couple of months ago. He had a Kira, a Pod Person, and a Pod Slave.

Wish I'd known about this collection then, I'd have put you two in contact!

Dearth

Laszlo

Reaction score
Nice work on the castle, Laszlo! Was MindStyle the only company that had plans to produce a commercially available castle? I would have liked one, but I'm not sure I would have paid the suggested price.

In your bookshelf photo, I see a wooden Chamberlain sculpture and Jen's flute. Can you tell me anything about those?

Also, which of those screen-used props are part of your personal collection?

-Murray
Thank you. Yes, MindStyle was the only company. But thats their own sculpture, not mine. My Castle is based on the movie, Mindstyles castle is based on the Froud art.
The Chamberlain bust is resin and hand painted. Its the only one I ever saw! Wasnt easy to get!
Jens flute is a hand made replica carved in real New Zealand wood.

The props I own, are the Skeksis Cutlery, Mystic head, 2 Skeksis heads, original shard and a belt buckle.

Laszlo

Reaction score

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
Thank you. Yes, MindStyle was the only company. But thats their own sculpture, not mine. My Castle is based on the movie, Mindstyles castle is based on the Froud art.
I understand the castle sculptures are different. I guess I should have separated my comments. But I do like yours a lot!

If you're interested in some exhibit photos (and haven't already seen them - I've posted them before) you can go here:
http://etphoto.smugmug.com/Henson/Dark-Crystal-and-Labyrinth/
They are from two different exhibits in 2006, one at the Smithsonisan and another in Los Angeles. I included an image of a magazine cover that has one of my favorite photos of Jim Henson. (I also like the one of him with David Bowie and George Lucas, but I don't have a copy of that.) And there's a photo a friend of mine took at the Gordale Scar.

-Murray

Laszlo

Reaction score
Thank you for the photos! They are beautiful.
I always wondered if Fizzgig has 2 or 4 legs? It looks on your photos that he has 4?

(I also love that cover on the CINEFANTASTIQUE Magazine)

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
=If you're interested in some exhibit photos (and haven't already seen them - I've posted them before) you can go here:
http://etphoto.smugmug.com/Henson/Dark-Crystal-and-Labyrinth/
They are from two different exhibits in 2006, one at the Smithsonisan and another in Los Angeles. I included an image of a magazine cover that has one of my favorite photos of Jim Henson. (I also like the one of him with David Bowie and George Lucas, but I don't have a copy of that.) And there's a photo a friend of mine took at the Gordale Scar.

-Murray
Very cool pictures. :smile: Did anyone here see the puppets at the museum in Atlanta? They have Sir Didymus, the door guards (both pairs), and the Helping Hands. (There might have been something else. Possibly one or both of the door knockers too?)

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
I always wondered if Fizzgig has 2 or 4 legs? It looks on your photos that he has 4?
I never thought about it before, but if you zoom in on the photo you can definitely see one of his back feet.
Very cool pictures. :smile: Did anyone here see the puppets at the museum in Atlanta? They have Sir Didymus, the door guards (both pairs), and the Helping Hands. (There might have been something else. Possibly one or both of the door knockers too?)
I have gone to the Center for Puppetry Arts in Atlanta, but it was before they received that large donation from the Henson family. They only had a Skeksis at the time (as far as Dark Crystal and Labyrinth puppets). I am definitely going to go back, but I will probably wait until the Jim Henson Wing has opened. This year I need to make it to the Fantastic World exhibit!