Rare "Cracks" animation from 1970's Sesame Street

dycaite

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I think.... I didn't even know Muppet Wiki had an episode with the segment listed, I could check and see if it's noted in any more 1970s episode pages
Great idea, I decided to try this myself and discovered that it is also confirmed to have aired during episode 1140:

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_1140

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I thought I found it on YouTube, but I got that "Not available in your country" message.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Couldn't be. I looked all over for it and just found lame "Sesame Street on Crack LOL" type garbage.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
It was actually titled "Crack Master" (the video clip), and the description was something along the lines of "This scared a bunch of kids". Maybe it's just a fan parody/recreation.

EDIT: It's a Rickroll. :skeptical:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seriously? It's late August of 2013. Anyone who RickRolls now should be banned from the internet.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
The video was uploaded four years ago. I just found it due to all this Crack Master stuff happening.

(That's the, what, eighth time I've been Rickroll'd?)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So we know the clip is in episodes from seasons 8 and 9. That means it wasn't pulled immediately.

Some of those "scary" skits mentioned I don't find particularly scary, though the one with the giant rabbit is quite weird. Though one of the That Guy with the Glasses contributors (I forget her name) did a countdown of the scariest Sesame Street moments and listed the BIRD one as number one.

I feel like the "Arthur and Annie look for A" sketch is a bit freaky. I don't think I know of any episodes with that sketch besides episode 1316. I wonder if there are any other segments like that, with characters who look like whatnot finger puppets. I also wonder if Jim Henson did that one... Arthur and Annie sort of look like the elves from The Great Santa Claus Switch and Hudson from Sex and Violence.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Seriously... there's Ernie and Bert claymations that didn't make the show, possibly because they tested poorly, and that *&^% creepy Bird monster and freaking rabbit mutant managed to get onto the show.
And the giant rabbit made it to an Old School DVD, no less.

Here's an idea just to lie out there on the table. Sesame Workshop does listen to fans' requests from time to time when it comes to releasing clips. It'll happen either on their own channel "There's a Hole in the Bucket, Dear Liza" or on a DVD set. ("Baker #1"). No one had those two clips to trade and fans discussed them enough to say "Gee, I wish they were available." Someone at SW went into the vault, dusted the clips off and put 'em online...and in one case on DVD. People wanted to know what Telly looked like with antennas and swirling eyes. Well, now we all know. Any one of us could go online and watch it...or go to Amazon and order it.

Fans of Sesame Street (adult fans anyway) love the Old School sets and other releases. We got the Spoofs one not long ago.

Now, what if Sesame Workshop decided to bring out a "Sesame Street--Animation" DVD. Theoretically speaking, it could be done. There's a LOT of fondly remembered animated sketches and songs. It could easily fill up a DVD. The "noo-nee-noo-nee-noo" typewriter, Billy Jo Jive and Smart Suzy Sunset, Teeny Little Super Guy, the Alligator King, and so on. Sure, some of these sketches already came out on the Old School sets...but with enough extra goodies in the mix, fans (and folks who hadn't bought the Old School sets) would buy them.

Sesame Workshop has been generous in providing rare Easter eggs, some influenced, no doubt, by the fans' suggestions. If such an animation DVD could be made, there's a chance the Crack Master could be hauled out of the vault and put in the next Sesame Street DVD for adults, like "Old School Vol. 4" or "Sesame Street--Animation!" or "Sesame Street Nightmare Fuel!" (Bonus Easter Eggs include "Crack Master" and "That version of 'Imagination' with the monsters that freaked out Ernie!")

You never know....it could wind up on DVD yet.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The video was uploaded four years ago. I just found it due to all this Crack Master stuff happening.
Thank Glob. I was honestly more afraid of someone who still thought that old meme was funny and did it recently than any monster talking wall cracks.

Now that I think about it, I feel sorry for any kid that saw that and had cracked walls in their bedroom. It just went from Nightmare Fuel to Paranoia Fuel.

And the giant rabbit made it to an Old School DVD, no less.

Here's an idea just to lie out there on the table. Sesame Workshop does listen to fans' requests from time to time when it comes to releasing clips. It'll happen either on their own channel "There's a Hole in the Bucket, Dear Liza" or on a DVD set. ("Baker #1"). No one had those two clips to trade and fans discussed them enough to say "Gee, I wish they were available." Someone at SW went into the vault, dusted the clips off and put 'em online...and in one case on DVD. People wanted to know what Telly looked like with antennas and swirling eyes. Well, now we all know. Any one of us could go online and watch it...or go to Amazon and order it.
Well, the giant rabbit was part of an episode. I don't think there would be any other call for it otherwise. Aside from the frightening aspect, it's a terrible sketch that does nothing. it seems like an independent animation and that's that. Now that I see it, the artist's rendering of the girl looks just a little like the kids in that animation.

But anyway... yeah. You got a point there. But we need to be more subtle. We need to request one of the episodes it appears in to pop up on amazon or something. Now, that could be interesting because either we'll get the skit in tact with the show, or we'll see a replacement skit proving they destroyed the footage of it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, the giant rabbit was part of an episode. I don't think there would be any other call for it otherwise. Aside from the frightening aspect, it's a terrible sketch that does nothing. it seems like an independent animation and that's that. Now that I see it, the artist's rendering of the girl looks just a little like the kids in that animation.

That cartoon was cut from the Noggin airing of that episode. I'm pretty sure it wasn't in any Noggin airings at all (I could be wrong). In fact on the DVD it comes right before a segment that replaced a segment in that episode. It sort of makes me wonder if that was added to fill time as well, but I'll believe that it was always a part of the episode.