Rare "Cracks" animation from 1970's Sesame Street

Drtooth

Reaction score
It looks like there's proof he has it. But the proof is essentially a bunch of artistic renderings, a plot rundown, and his word. The things I don't believe are being contractually obligated to never leak this, the fact that he would give anyone who e-mails him the audio (and it seems no one ever did), and the fact he can't so much as get a screen capture... even if it's one from a camera phone off of the television.

If it wasn't in the SW archives, proving the sketch exists, this would come off as another Creepypasta hoax. What I'd still like to know is how the heck did 7 Little Monsters get leaked and this didn't?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It looks like there's proof he has it. But the proof is essentially a bunch of artistic renderings, a plot rundown, and his word. The things I don't believe are being contractually obligated to never leak this,
Exactly, from the way he describes it, it does sound like he has seem the clip recently. It just feels beyond common sense that this one random clip would be so tightly kept under wraps after all this time. I have trouble buying that the SW cares that much at this point.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I just received a reply back from Cosmo Anzilotti, you can read the whole thing at lostmedia.wikia.com

tl;dr: Cosmo Anzilotti is not the creator of Crack Master, nor did he work on it (at least not to his recollection)... An interesting development indeed.
Wait...if he didn't work on it, why was he said to have made it this whole time?

I wish this clip could just be uploaded to YouTube, but of course, it can't.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Exactly, from the way he describes it, it does sound like he has seem the clip recently. It just feels beyond common sense that this one random clip would be so tightly kept under wraps after all this time. I have trouble buying that the SW cares that much at this point.
To me, it sounds not so much like SW has the clip underwraps, so much as they either lost the original master tape and don't want to bother pawing through thousands of hours of footage to find one lousy 30 second clip, even if someone specifically points out which episode it was featured.

From all speculation, I could gather that SW pulled the segment. Sounds like it shouldn't have even tested well enough to pass the show, but somehow made it on, and then was pulled due to the obvious bad reaction.

Though, SW does seem genuinely concerned about that bathing segment. Maybe you see too much of the kid or something? Shudder...

Wait...if he didn't work on it, why was he said to have made it this whole time?
On the one hand, it could be false information gathered from second or third hand sources... it could look a lot like his stuff... or someone just pulled the most obscure animator's name they could find.

BUT on the plus side, someone got an awesome original drawing of Scooby-Doo from an animator. I'm completely envious of that! :wink: Something good did come out of it, at least for one guy.

dycaite

Reaction score
AquaGGR said:

I wish this clip could just be uploaded to YouTube, but of course, it can't.
I have no idea where the rumor began. But EVERY single source online (not that there a whole lot) cited him as the creator.

I too wish it would just surface already... But I'm not giving up.

Drtooth said:
BUT on the plus side, someone got an awesome original drawing of Scooby-Doo from an animator. I'm completely envious of that! :wink: Something good did come out of it, at least for one guy.
I will cherish it forever :big_grin:

Anyhow, I'm thinking of continuing to collect signatures, and then sending the petition to Sesame Workshop, maybe that will sway them...

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Was there a reason for it only airing once? If it aired multiple times, it probably wouldn't be as big of an issue as it is now. Was it so frightening that CTW had to pull it?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Was there a reason for it only airing once? If it aired multiple times, it probably wouldn't be as big of an issue as it is now. Was it so frightening that CTW had to pull it?
Here's what we know. They pulled the Wicked Witch of the West episode because of similar complaints. They certainly can flex that muscle if they want to. Yet, there are a lot of sketches that are kinda disturbing that managed to keep airing. That Bird thing, the weird Rabbit... there was even a weird (and hard to find) one where, for some reason, two animals (one was an elephant) were in a locker room as skeletons trying to put their skins back on, and getting them mixed up. I mean, it was done comedically, but how that one got by any form of censorship and testing is anyone's guess.

Still, that testing bit... they rigorously test the skits since the show started. I still think that it may have tested poorly and somehow found its way onto the show accidentally.

Seriously... there's Ernie and Bert claymations that didn't make the show, possibly because they tested poorly, and that *&^% creepy Bird monster and freaking rabbit mutant managed to get onto the show.

dycaite

Reaction score
AquaGGR said:
Actually, its said to have aired about 10 or 11 times (in the US at least, several more times in Latin America).

minor muppetz

Reaction score

I don't think we actually know how many episodes it appeared in. Only one episode appearance is known (I think.... I didn't even know Muppet Wiki had an episode with the segment listed, I could check and see if it's noted in any more 1970s episode pages), but that doesn't mean it wasn't in more episodes.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Seriously... there's Ernie and Bert claymations that didn't make the show, possibly because they tested poorly, and that *&^% creepy Bird monster and freaking rabbit mutant managed to get onto the show.
How did the freaky rabbit even get on the show? I mean, it's not fun, it's nightmare fuel, and it isn't educational.