Random Ramblings

SSLFan

Reaction score
How is it even possible to get banned from such a great place like this?:confused: I've been seeing the word Banned under some usernames lately and I just want to know- how is that possible? I would never expect a person getting themselves banned from MC. It's such a great place.:halo:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
To my knowledge, the only ones who were actually banned were a couple of brothers (who shall remain nameless to avoid anymore conflicts) and they were banned for causing trouble for other members, not complying with simply requests, and spamming their hearts out for their Muppet Central rip-off forum.

Other than that, I'm only aware of very few people here who were suspended for merely continuing arguments after they were asked to stop numerous times.

As for me, I've been banned from other forums simply for being a Kathy Greenwood fan and being a Christian.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh no, they weren't the only ones! And only one of them was actually banned.
I only saw this tag for the first time very recently, so I'm wondering if it in itself is new? I've only seen it under the names of two people so far, neither of them being the ones you were talking about, Snowth.

And congradulations SSL Fan. Just the fact that you find this hard to believe is a good sign that you are a sweet, sensative person, and should get along well here!
:smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, you won't any forum that's friendlier, nor more honest than good old MC! You've been a great addition to the forum!

anytimepally

Reaction score
What sort of forum would ban you for being a Kathy Greenwood fan? Some people...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I'd say but millions of people (both with me and against me) have begged me not to mention it anymore.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
How is it even possible to get banned from such a great place like this?:confused: I've been seeing the word Banned under some usernames lately and I just want to know- how is that possible? I would never expect a person getting themselves banned from MC. It's such a great place.:halo:
For asking questions like this!

Just kiddin'! :embarrassed:

Seriously, I'm an easy going kinda chap and have no problems with folks having fun here, but here are my criteria for someone who aches to be banned:

-Negative posts
-Trolling (argumentative for no reason or causing arguments)
-Sock Puppets (more than one screenname)
-Cussing
-Lots of un-necessary posts (ie, "I'm just leaving and I've had it!"--see negative posts)
-Discussing personal lives of performers in any way (someone once listed a personal address for a performer)
-Spamming a forum (it took me many, many years to even think of creating a Kev and Muley thread--I always suggest that folks be well mortered into a forum before doing something like that)
-Calling people out or calling them names (see trolling)

I'm the type that if it has been said or done on The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, or Sesame Street I'm okay with seeing it here. I also try to reinforce positive posts, diplomatic dispersal of opinions, and mainly because folks from JHC, SW, and Diz come here and visit--I don't want them to run away because the forum isn't fun.

I want MC to remain positive and fun, because I want to enjoy coming here, and I want that same experience for everyone else. It's basically thinking, "What did Jim Henson try to teach us, and being that he wanted to leave the world a better place what, then, can I do to help make what he wanted to do a reality?"

It all begins with us, gang, and by furthering ourselves into a positive attitude we can better influence others to do the same and make that difference in the world Jim wished to create.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well put Kevin, well put.

Your point about sock puppeting just now reminded me about how every other month or so, we always get a new member (or two) who ALWAYS posts the exact same thing in just about every board: very sexually-oriented and perverted posts and some of them even incorporating Kermit or the other Muppets into them. Disgusting.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's the same person; don't spambots usually post a bunch of dirty links in their posts and that's all?

Besides, these "people" have mentioned the "others" in their posts as their good friends.