R.I.P, John Stephenson

Xerus

Reaction score
I just heard that long time Hanna-Barbera voice actor, John Stephenson, passed away a couple of days ago at age 91. John was famous for voicing Mr. Slate from the Flintstones, as well as some of the fake monsters from Scooby Doo, Doc, Philo, and Gunge from the Animated Fraggle Rock, and some of the Transformers like Thundercracker, Kup, and Windcharger. May you rest in peace, Mr. John Stephenson. You had a long and great voice career. -_-;;

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/John-Stephenson/

rowlfy662

Reaction score
Aw that's sad he was great as Luke and Blubber Bear in Wacky Races he was one of the voice acting legends. RIP

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought he was already dead.

He was also something of a character actor too, he appeared as numerous different German officers on HOGAN'S HEROES.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought he was already dead.
He retired over 5 years ago at least. He hasn't been active for a while, so that usually causes some confusion. Even then, I don't recall him being in anything that recent. But by all means a depressing loss, even at a ripe age of 91.

Xerus

Reaction score
In the new Flintstones DVD, The Flintstones and WWE; Stone Age Smackdown.
John O'Hurley was the new voice of Mr. Slate. When I heard Mr. Slate speak in that movie, I immediately thought, That's Mr. Peterman from Seinfeld!