R.I.P. Gene Wilder

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Gene also paired well with Richard Pryor (Silver Streak, Stir Crazy),
Zero Mostel (The Producers), but the trilogy of Willy Wonka, Blazing Saddles, and Young Frankenstein, cinema gold.

As I got older, I noticed more in Willy Wonka his demented glee as each of the rotten kids meet their doom.
And wonderful non-sequitors.

"Where is fancy bred? In the heart or in the head?"
Roll on, Gene.

Zappetman

Reaction score
When I first heard the he die I was shocked and very sadden. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and The Producers (Both the 1968 movie and the 2005 movie) was a huge part of my childhood and Gene and Richard Pryor were a wonderful comedy duo. It's so sad to see another talented person die in 2016 and another comedy legend go. At least he and Richard Pryor is together again in heaven and he is also back together with his wife Gilda Radner.

2016 please stop taking talented people and Comedy, Music, Animation/Cartoon, Puppetry, and etc. legends away from us like 2009 and 2012 did.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The thing I remember the best about Gene Wilder is that he really could tap into emotions - you look at just about any of his movies, you could see he could be calm, cool, collected, and serene, but he could flip and suddenly be screaming his head off like a madman; his performances had both humor and heart.

Pat Warburton can be the same way when he's not pigeon-holed in the dumb guy role.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
As soon as I read this on the news, I felt SO sad. I am a huge fan of Gene Wilder and so are my parents. My favorite movies of his are Willy Wonka, Young Frankenstein, and Blazing Saddles. The world has lost a hilarious man. That is incredibly depressing, :cry:.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm glad they released a couple of his movies to theaters this weekend, even though I didn't have the chance to see them. They chose Willy Wonka and Blazing Saddles. Which is fine, but I can't believe they're denying Young Frankenstein. That's easily one of my favorite movies, and some of my favorite Wilder moments.

DESTINY! DESTINY! No escaping that for me!

...Seda-give?!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I'm glad they released a couple of his movies to theaters this weekend, even though I didn't have the chance to see them. They chose Willy Wonka and Blazing Saddles. Which is fine, but I can't believe they're denying Young Frankenstein. That's easily one of my favorite movies, and some of my favorite Wilder moments.

DESTINY! DESTINY! No escaping that for me!

...Seda-give?!
May have decided not to choose that one because it isn't in color. Silly people and their black-and-white phobia.