R.I.P. Gene Wilder

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just get a blank screen because I refuse to turn off my adblockers.

EDIT: I checked other sources, and it says his niece and nephew said he died from complications from Alzheimer's, which I didn't even know he had, but this is really sad.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Gene brought us so much in his role as the original Willy Wonka, not to mention a couple of notable memes spawning from his role ("You lose! Good day, sir!"). Sad to hear he died.

RIP, Gene. Thank you so much for bringing us the pure imagination we as children dreamed of.

mr3urious

Reaction score
R.I.P. Willy Wonka, Victor Fronkenshteen, The Waco Kid, and all the other roles he has done.

Fun fact: Willy's entrance scene where he dodders forward with a cane as if he were an elderly cripple and somersaults onto his feet was all Gene's idea, and only agreed to play the part if he were allowed to do that act.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Fun fact: Willy's entrance scene where he dodders forward with a cane as if he were an elderly cripple and somersaults onto his feet was all Gene's idea, and only agreed to play the part if he were allowed to do that act.
Gene had a really good sense of comedic genius. I remember he went into a fit when Mel Brooks was suggesting cutting out these different bits from his original draft for YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN (particularly the whole "Poo-eh ah uh reehhhz!" number), but apparently that was Mel's way of testing to see how dedicated he was to making the movie what it was.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Wow. Well this just freaking sucks. I just found out a few minutes ago.

He was an amazing performer and i'm sad to see him go. I didn't even know he was ill.
I can think of absolutely no one who could've played Willy Wonka the way he did. He truly made the role his own.

I kind of feel like crying now...

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Thank you Gene for all the pure imagination for a kid.