R.I.P. David Ogden Stiers

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
What? Man, this is awful. :frown:

I'll always remember him as Cogsworth (from Beauty and the Beast) and Jumba (from Lilo and Stitch). May he rest in peace.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
What? Man, this is awful. :frown:

I'll always remember him as Cogsworth (from Beauty and the Beast) and Jumba (from Lilo and Stitch). May he rest in peace.
I'm not kidding either. Ended up passing from bladder cancer. :cry:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Man! He was one of the voices of my childhood! When I started watching M*A*S*H and he came on as Charles to replace Frank, not only did I recognize the name almost immediately, but the pompous voice and Boston accent he used for Charles was very, very similar to Cogsworth's stuffy, upper crust voice and accent as well.

And has anyone noticed that many of the Disney characters he's voiced have shared a lot of his physicalities?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Dang. And I just re-watched Lilo & Stitch, too. :cry:

And let's not forget, he was the voice for Pops' dad in Regular Show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't believe Sergeant Zale was an office. :wink:

But it's just now occured to me that now more than half of the main cast is no longer with us. McLean Stevenson, Larry Linville, Harry Morgan, Wayne Rogers, Bill Christopher, and now David Ogden Stiers. Not to mention Edward Winter, Johnny Haymer, and Allan Arbus.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, Zale would be pretty far down the food chain. I should be used to the fact the surviving cast members are older, so many past 80, they're not going to be around forever.
It's still stings a little when you hear another one has left us.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, but you know what? I'm amazed that many of them are still alive and kicking (Alan Alda even has a Facebook page), because when I look at other shows of yesteryears that I enjoy so well, practically all of their respective casts have long been gone. I think both GREEN ACRES and HOGAN'S HEROES have only one remaining cast member left.