R.I.P. Christopher Lee (1922-2015)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
My ponderings are directed as to whether now that he's among them, will Pastor Galswells get a taste of his own medicine in the Land of the Dead. At least he'll be reunited with the Jabberwock though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How ironic, I was just thinking about this guy the other day: we all know how infamously unintentionally comedic the U.S. remake of THE WICKERMAN was, thanks mostly to having Nick Cage in the lead in all his hammy glory, but even before that actually happened, Christopher Lee mentioned he had heard that the movie was being remade in America with Cage . . . and people were hoping he was joking, but were a little stunned to hear he was serious.

I've only seen little of the original version of THE WICKERMAN, but I understand it's considered a highly-acclaimed cult favorite among horror afficiandos. Admittedly, I was a little too weirded out by seeing the remake to see the unintentionally humorous nature of it that everybody else did, so I'm apprehensive of trying to see the original in its entirety if the remake actually weirded me out.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm just glad Lee got to realize his dream of being in a film adaptation of Lord of the Rings. I remember him talking about how he read the books literally once a year all his life.