R.I.P. Billy Graham at 99 (1918-2018)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Billy Graham may have been a true man of God, but his son Franklin, on the other hand. . . .

But then again, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Anyway, here's a little interesting factoid that I'm sure @Censored may enjoy: Billy Graham unintentionally and unwittingly jump-started Sid & Marty Kroffts' career as a joint act. The Kroffts were at the Seattle World's Fair in the early 60s with their act LE POUPEES DE PARIS; Billy Graham was also at that same World's Fair, and was invited to see the show, which was a burlesque with marionettes - including a sequence with the puppets backstage in their dressing room, topless. Billy Graham stormed out of the show, and later that evening, had a huge rally, telling those attending they have to come a visit Seattle as it's such a beautiful city, and they have to visit the amazing World's Fair, but whatever you do, don't go see a show called LE POUPEES DE PARIS, "because the women don't wear bras." He never specified those women were puppets. The Kroffts were sold out for weeks after that, and they gained quite a bit of exposure, including a review in TIME MAGAZINE that said, "Think about it: a dirty puppet show."

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Very sad indeed.
It's interesting that he influenced so much culture and pop culture throughout the years compared to other preachers.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Wow, it's a shame to see the world lose a good Christian person like him. Being a Christian, I personally would rather have someone like him represent my religion as opposed to some of the other pastors out there. To quote Kristin Chenoweth,
"I myself am a Christian but the Pat Robinsons and Jerry Falwells of the world scare me"