R.I.P. Anton Yelchin (1989 - 2016)

snichols1973

Reaction score
Anton Yelchin, best known for reprising the role of Ensign Pavel Chekov in Star Trek (2009) and its followup sequels Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) and Star Trek Beyond, scheduled to be released on July 22, has died.

When the LAPD arrived at his house at 1 a.m. Sunday morning, they found him pinned between his car, a mailbox, and a security gate.

Another tragic loss of yet another young and talented actor....:cry:

http://www.etonline.com/news/191385_star_trek_star_anton_yelchin_dead_at_27/

JT Yorke

Reaction score
Yea they claim his own car ran over him... such a tragic loss..

And also another member of the club of 27?

mr3urious

Reaction score
He's also got a major part in the upcoming Dreamworks series Trollhunters. Don't know who they're going to recast him with if they're planning to continue it beyond one season.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I honestly don't see the point of the '27 Club'. People act like it's some sort of curse, but it's not, it's just a coincidence. Whenever a popular person dies at 27, they're just automatically on the list, which I think is kind of dumb because it doesn't even happen that frequently. Lot's of people can die at any age,we might as well have an '18 Club' as well, or a '35 Club'.
I understand it in the case of Brian Jones, Jimmi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison were all rock musicians who died at 27, and close to the same time, but the rest, I just don't get.

Now, 'The Disney Curse', that's something I can get behind. Did anyone else notice that Walt Disney and many of his relatives were born/ died/ born and died in November and December?