Quinn and Melissa's Baby is HERE!!!!

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hi everyone--just a quick note to let y'all know that Friday night, at about 7:30 PM, Melissa and I welcomed our very own creation into the world.

It was quite the event, but I stayed conscious and in control of my digestion for the entire time, and we're all very proud of that. Melissa was AMAZING--I'm so proud of her. Due to a few things, she ended up not getting an epidural until 11 hours into a 12-hour labor. She was amazing. I think I already said that.

The baby boy is also amazing, of course, and doesn't have a tail or anything, but is my son nonetheless. He was 7 lbs 3 ounces, and 19 1/2 inches long. We named him Miles Benjamin Rollins, and he's just perfect. Melissa and I are both people who have made snide comments about non-cute babies, so we were really expecting a jacked-up looking kid, but he's wonderful. He has a cute little squeak (like his brother Rubber Duckie) when he's winding up to a cry, and we're still learning about how to feed him, diaper him, etc.

We came home today, and I wanted to let y'all know about him earlier than this, but I was too tired the other night when I stopped home to have a shower and nap.

That's about it. Everyone's safe, everyone's healthy. And now we're sleepy.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Welcome Miles!!!

Congratulations to all three of you!

Hope you get some rest and have nice thoughtful friends and family who will stop by with hot meals, do your dishes for you, and leave you alone to get aquainted with your new son.

Enjoy!

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey!

Congrats to all three of ya! Best wishes to you and the newcomer :wink:

- Billy :cool:

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Quinn

CONGRATULATIONS, Pops!!

And welcome to the world, Miles Benjamin!

Glad everyone's home safe and sound and healthy and happy!

"And if that isn't a true blue miracle, I don't know what one is."

Luke

Reaction score
Congratulations Quinnnnnn & Mellisa !

Miles looks like a cool dude (from the pics in the email) - very well done to you both !

Anyhow god bless to him, don't say the word 'brother' around him too much when talking to Rubber Duckie or he might have dreams about growing a beak and learning to quack !!! ;-)

Take care, and remember that babies like to eat Fisher Price Little People !

julia

Reaction score
Congratulations! Give Miles a big hug from me - and be sure you all get some sleep...

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations!

I'm so happy for all three of you! Miles (what a great name, by the way) is so lucky to have parents like you and Melissa. I'm so glad that everything went smoothly and that everybody is healthy. Tell Melissa that we're thinking about her.

Congratulations!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Once again, congrats, my cross-country twin. Be sure and tell li'l Miles that his Uncle Byron can't wait to visit him! :big_grin: Hours of babysittin' with "Fraggle Rock", "Mama's Family", "The Muppet Show"...I'm ready to pack my bags and head to Utah righty-right now.

And just think---in about 8 years or so, you'll get to introduce him to the wonderful, fantastical world of Narnia . . . oh boy, oh boy . . .

And yeah, he actually is cute---y'all lucked out! :wink:

Smig

Reaction score
Yuppers, she is one cute litle person!

Congrats!

Smig

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Congratulations!

And hopefully, all three of you will be able to sleep!

:smile: