Questions about Jim Henson's Animal Show

Xerus

Reaction score
Zondra said:
They reused Lindbergh? :cry:
It always makes me sad when they do that.

I remember the thing with Sam the Eagle...

But why don't I remember seeing this show? What channel was it on?
In 1994, it started out on FOX for the first two years. Then a year later, it started airing on the Animal Planet channel. But now it's gone. :frown: But I was lucky to tape them all before that happened. :smile:

Klonoa

Reaction score
Don't forget they reused Dooley the Armadillo as Joe in Swamp Years. I bet they reused a lot of those animal Muppets since there were so many.

--Klonoa

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes they did. According to my source, Chauncey the Turtle and Penelope the Yellow-Footed Tortoise were reused as Turtle #1 and #2 respectively in KSY.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Xerus! Not sure if you got my E-mail, but I do thank you indeed. Muppet Listings 12 will probably be posted on Saturday, since I'll be leaving on vacation for a week on Sunday. If your additions aren't there, don't worry cause they'll show up in V13.

BTW: It's better you send the descripts in batches like your first one, easier for you and for me to read through. Thanks and have a good day.

BTW2: Is the name of the penguin correctly spelled "Charolette" or "Charlotte"?
Hope to hear from you soon.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Xerus said:
P.S. Eve was a huge cockroach that wears a chef's hat an apron and I always thought he was voiced by Steve Whitmire.
Also the roach made his first appearance on the Jim Henson Hour where he had a huge chef fight with the Swedish Chef. And he also made an appearance on Muppet Treasure Island.
Really? Where in MTI? I don't remember a cockroach in that. (Unless it's the guy that's singing, and I always thought that was an Ant)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes Bo, Jacques the Roach's there in the group o'pirates in MTI. If'n you don't believe me, watch the opening song and the song sung by Tim Curry very carefully. And if'n you still don't believe me, search out Gonzo's MTI Custom figure threads, there's one there of Jacques as a pirate from the film.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ah, yes, but I havn't seen a picture of Jaques, so I don't know which he is. Is it the one that says, "Throw your partner over the side," in Cabin Fever?

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Ah, yes, but I havn't seen a picture of Jaques, so I don't know which he is. Is it the one that says, "Throw your partner over the side," in Cabin Fever?
Yes thats him.He is also the one that gonzo throws starfish after at the big battle in the end

Xerus

Reaction score
The Count said:
Thanks Xerus! Not sure if you got my E-mail, but I do thank you indeed. Muppet Listings 12 will probably be posted on Saturday, since I'll be leaving on vacation for a week on Sunday. If your additions aren't there, don't worry cause they'll show up in V13.

BTW: It's better you send the descripts in batches like your first one, easier for you and for me to read through. Thanks and have a good day.

BTW2: Is the name of the penguin correctly spelled "Charolette" or "Charlotte"?
Hope to hear from you soon.
I'm glad to help you out The Count. :smile: Yes, it is easier to send them in batches, so I can watch the shows a few at a time and study them better so I can get the descriptions and voices down better.

Actually, I don't know how the Penguin's name is really spelled. I guess it could be either Charolette or Charlotte. They didn't give out her spelling on the show.

I'll go check my e-mail box to see if your e-mail has arrived.

I hope you have a good vacation too. :smile:

Xerus

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Xerus, nice to hear from you again. There's no need to look for the E-mail I sent your way, the message's practically there in the post above already.

As for the penguin's name... I see, or rather, well you get the joke.
So then, my question would be: did they pronounce her name as "Charlotte" on the show, or did they pronounce it as "Charolette"? Just asking cause I thought there might've been a typo when you wrote the character's name and I want to double-check before adding her to the list.
Hope to hear back from you with JHAS Descripts 2 soon.
Oh, and have a great night.