Questions about anything

Misskermie

Reaction score
okay, tell me...
Is Miss Piggy, in any way shape or form, related to Eminem's song, "Mockingbird"?

Because if search in a music search engine for Miss Piggy, that song comes up.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why do I always end up dealing with some really odd characters on YouTube all the time?

AquaGGR

Reaction score
How does GameStop determine how much they pay you for bringing in used games? I brought in a game that was practically new (I even switched out the sleeve into a nicer and cleaner game cover) and they gave me somewhere around $.80 for it (as far as I can recall).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Do writers prefer to write scripts when they get the ideas, or do they generally prefer to wait until they think there's more of a guarantee that it'll be made?

By guarantee, I mean more along the lines that they sent in a pitch (as opposed to writing a full script and sending it to studios) and after a meeting is guaranteed they set out to write the script by then. Or if they are writing for a show (perhaps a variety or anthology) and therefore feel they could write anything and it'd be included (though it could still get rejected)?

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Why do video editing programs always assume you're only going to use it to make a video about your family vacation? If you look at the presets in MAGIX Movie Edit, you can tell that's what they had in mind. The only programs I've seen that don't do this are Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere. In Windows Live Movie Maker, that's pretty much all you can do.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I did? Oh well, it was more of a complaint than a question. :sympathy:
A better question is why Adobe Premiere has such a confusing interface. I couldn't figure out how to use it, I'm usually good with that stuff. Photoshop is pretty confusing, too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I tried a trial of Adobe Premier a while back, and I agree, it was really confusing, I couldn't figure anything out about.... I only tried it because Doug Walker said it was what he uses whenever he gets to editing episodes of NOSTALGIA CRITIC and stuff, and he made it look so easy, but it really isn't.

Photoshop isn't all it's cracked up to be, which is why I much prefer Fireworks - it's essentially the same thing, only it's easier to use once you get the hang of it.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Paint.NET is essentially an easier and more user-friendly alternative to Photoshop, and it's completely free. People seem to say that Adobe products are really good but they're very confusing to use. Adobe Flash is still the dominant non-3D computer animation/game making program, though. Competitors like Anime Studio Pro aren't used as often.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Both Flash and Fireworks used to be Macromedia products, before Adobe bought them out... I'm glad they haven't changed them though, they've added to them obviously, but they're still essentially the same programs.

I've used Flash before, took a couple of courses on it myself back when I still had an interest in animation, but I was burned out and "retired" from it to put more focus into my first love (puppetry); but I also do my own graphics and such, so I use Fireworks a LOT.