Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What's with in the "Like Muppet Central on Facebook" widgets, so many people having a red square with a pink = in it for their profile picture? What does it mean?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What's with in the "Like Muppet Central on Facebook" widgets, so many people having a red square with a pink = in it for their profile picture? What does it mean?
Actually, I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with gay rights or something, because I'm noticing some of them have Ernie and Bert thrown into them.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Ginnifer Goodwin is the only woman I can think of who actually looks good with short hair, anyone else not so much, like Michelle Williams, between her short hair and lack of curves, she looks like a twelve-year-old boy rather than a grown woman.
Back in the 70's Dorothy Hamill and her wedge looked pretty neat. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There are many different factors at play...

1. Most of today's artists are self-centered, full of themselves, and in some cases (ala Taylor Swift) narcissistic.
2. The big, cinematic, orchestral sound, which seems really odd when you're not in a theater and the song is part of the movie's soundtrack (like "Call Me Maybe").
3. A lot of songs today are simply the same words being repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over again (who is Katy Perry trying to convince that she's awake, us, or herself?)
4. A lot of songs and artists today simply start sounding the same after a while.
5. Everybody wants to be the new GLEE.
6. The music industry in general is really crooked anyway.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
AAAANNNNNDDDD

1. The radio only plays what companies throw into the public. A lot of great bands don't get airplay at all because they are not what is "in"
2. Once something becomes popular a million clones of it will surface, then they are all popular. It happens every generation. Take a look at all the 80s hair bands. Some of them were good, most of them sucked and aren't remembered.
3. You have to actually investigate for bands you like. Which isn't really hard with pandora.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
AND FURTHERMORE......

1. Many people won't stray too far from the "Flavor of the Month", whatever happens to be hot RIGHT NOW.
2. Some people don't want to dig too deep into music history. Some think any music made before they were born must be boring, or something their parents listened to, so that can't be "cool".
3. The more receptive you are to other types of music than just what's in the Top 40, you might surprise yourself with what you might find. Like Sarge said, there are a ton of great bands out there that deserve listening to, if you look beyond this week's JustinBieberLakeSwiftyUsherGleeGuy.
4. For the uninitiated, The Beatles are always a great place to start.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
AND ALSO....

1. Rush isn't considered cool. They're a "geek band"
2. People think the members of KISS are gay for wearing makeup

Thats all I got.