Questions about anything

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
How does a projector in a movie theater work these days?
Are movies made to film reels anymore? Or do they just pop in a DVD now, or is there some kind of thing I don't know about?
Most are just dvds these days, but there are still theaters that use reel-to-reel projectors. Like my own, small town theater, and they get new releases

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I saw a local commercial for a restaurant that does parties, and it said it could hold events ranging from "an intimate evening for 40 to a large party for 120". Doesn't 40 people seem to be too many to be intimate? I'd considering anything over 15 being too large for an intimate dinner party.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, so I got a new printer/scanner/copier for Christmas, and at this point in time, I just have to ask this:

Why do these new-fangled machines have to be so complicated? Heck, even installing the ink cartridges became a hassle with the extra steps... and why do the colors have to come in individual cartridges as opposed to a single black cartridge, and a tri-color magenta-cyan-yellow cartidge?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Snowthy's technology curse strikes again. My brand new HP printer just requires a black cartridge, one color cartridge and about 30 minutes of self installing software on a disk. You just need to buy the cable.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, this is HP too, but it's a printer, scanner, and copier all in one, and it's wireless, but can also be used with a USB cable (which I think I'm going to use, since there really isn't a consistently reliable wireless signal in this area).

Still, setting it up, and even installing the ink cartridges was quite a hassle... the cartridges have these plastic trigger-like things that are impossible to break off to expose the ink before installing them into the printer.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
:/

So is mine.

And the ink mine take just have an adhesive peely thing

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm accustomed to those kind of cartridges, but the cartridges for this thing has both the peely thing, and the plastic trigger thingy you have to break off.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Weird. You must have some insanely complicated advanced printer or something. Mine was only 40 bucks. The ink is more expensive than the printer XD

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've found that getting the cartridges at Walmart is a better option: usually, buying both the black and color cartridges there usually costs about the same as buying just ONE of them at places like Office Depot or Office Max.

Vincent L

Reaction score
and why do the colors have to come in individual cartridges as opposed to a single black cartridge, and a tri-color magenta-cyan-yellow cartidge?
Because then if one of the colors are used up, you won't have to replace the entire color cartridge.