Question - Was it Matt Robinson?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I was reading this book at the library yesterday on the works of Jim Henson and there was a picture of an album titled "Sesame Street: The original cast" or something like that. On this album, there was a guy with a thick afro-like hairstyle and a beard and I was wondering if that was Matt Robinson, since he played Gordon at the time. Can someone help me here? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
No no no! Marty Robinson (actually, Martin P. Robinson) is the puppeteer for Telly and Snuffy (the front half). MATT Robinson (R.I.P.) was the original Gordon.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Thanks, guys, but that doesn't really answer my question. I was asking about Matt Robinson, the original Gordon.

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
OK...

Daffy, you were right. It IS Matt Robinson, the only Gordon to have an afro. I should know, I have seen that cover for "The Sesame Street Book and Record" also (in the same book, "Jim Henson: The Works", in fact).

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Thanks, Jeffery. Now I know what that guy looked like. I have another question now. What about Hal Miller? Sources have said that he played Gordon from 1971 to 1973, but it seems that not much is known about him. It seems like a lot of people remember Matt, the original Gordon and I grew up watching Roscoe as Gordon, but what about Hal? What did he look like?

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Here's a quick Gordon Guide:

Matt Robinson: Hair/moustache
Hal Miller: Hair/no moustache
Roscoe Orman: No hair/moustache

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

What did Roscoe look like again? Lol. I'm just kidding. I got it now. Thanks, Matt.

roadrat15

Reaction score
You can get a look at Hal Miller, if you find a copy of the LP 'Somebody Come and Play On Sesame Street'.