Question For Terry Angus

BorkBork

Reaction score
Hi Terry.

I wonder if you know what kind of mouth movement Sam eagle has. Is it just regular handpuppet-thing or is there a mechanism for it?

/Anders

ButchCat

Reaction score
Hi Anders,

Sam's mouth is operated in the same way everyone elses as a regular hand puppet. However his eyes go back and forth by a mechie. It's on a track within his eye brows. It may interest you to know that Sam's head use to be exposed foam but became Fleece covered when they did Muppet Treasure Island. Sam is also a very big puppet and your arm can not bend in him. I remember all this when I worked him on The Fantastic Piggy Show.

Not only was Sam Fleeced, but the Dr.Teeth band who were also once exposed foam, are now all Fleeced too.

Hope this has helped. Take care

Terry Angus

BorkBork

Reaction score
Thanks terry.

I think maybe i made my sam a bit too small for mouthcontrol. I think i'll try again this weekend.

Very nice info on the exposed foam vs fleece. It's always fun to get *inside info* :smile:

You take care too, terry, and i'll post a pic for you, and everyone else as soon as i get this right.
I'm also waiting for the foam book (still) and it will be very interesting to read.

/Anders

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
Can't wait to see it, BorkBork! I'm sure it'll look absolutely fantastic!! Please show pictures!!!!!

Foam book...that would be reliable to have around. I also want that "No Strings Attached" Jim Henson book with the behind-the-scenes on Jim Henson's creature shop. That'd be cool to have, even though its really hard to find :frown:

~fluff~

Iggy35

Reaction score
"I also want that "No Strings Attached" Jim Henson book with the behind-the-scenes on Jim Henson's creature shop. That'd be cool to have, even though its really hard to find"

You'd like that book, Fluff.
Fair few Turtle pics in there.

IGGY35