Question about the Old Miss Piggy Puppet

Detritusarisen

Reaction score
I was just wondering what happened to the old Miss Piggy puppet, the slightly scary one from season 1 (and maybe 2 I'm not sure when they switched it) of the show. I'm particularly interested in the 'Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass' version with the low down and close together eyes. It would be great if you guys had some information about what happened after they made the new one.:big_grin:

jobi71

Reaction score
I was just wondering what happened to the old Miss Piggy puppet, the slightly scary one from season 1 (and maybe 2 I'm not sure when they switched it) of the show. I'm particularly interested in the 'Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass' version with the low down and close together eyes. It would be great if you guys had some information about what happened after they made the new one.:big_grin:
The puppets, sadly, have a limited shelf life. After a while the foam hardens and begins to crumble. The Muppet folk refer to this as turning into toast. This happened to the Lips puppet while filming the Kodachrome video, and explains why in the new show their was a new slightly revised puppet. I am certain that the Piggy Lee version of Miss Piggy is toast at this point. However, back in the day they may have redressed her and changed her features and used her as a chorus pig.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Usually, when they make a new Muppet of an existing character, they take parts off it, like eyes, hair, clothes, etc and incorporate it into the new character and trash the rest.