Question about the Muppets Inside CD-Rom

MisterDuhFrog

Reaction score
I got a question about it that has been BUGGING ME to no end.

After you win the mini-game "Beaker's Brain" (one of my fave mini-games in it), he says a closing announcement that differs constantly with each playing of the game.

Here are my favorites:

"Beakie and I will see you next time! Until then, remember, as my mother used to say, the only good hypothesis is a proven hypothesis."

"Until next time, this is Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, RSVP, for Muppet Labs, where we're working around the clock to bring you a diet cola without a yucky aftertaste."

and
(I think I got this one)
"So long from Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, QED, for Muppet Labs, where tomorrow can't wait until today is over!"

I think there's another one that says, "bite-sized morsels."

But the REAL question is:

There is one closing that begins "Well Beaker," and he said something I couldn't quite make out, then "wasn't it? So long from Muppet Labs," and that's when the WHOLE thing got confusing. He started talking in various pitches, and then the whole thing got crazy - as he stuttered and faltered like a robot short circuiting (or Max Headroom). Sounded like a really huge audio glitch that nobody could fix. The question is: WAS THIS GLITCH INTENTIONAL? I'm just wondering about it, because I've even had bad dreams about that soundfile recently, and I have not been able to let it go at all.

MisterDuhFrog

Reaction score
I think the bite-sized morsels one went

"...where we bring the future to you in delicious little bite-sized morsels."

Davina

Reaction score
it's been ages since i've played the game (might have to go dig it out again...)
but I don't remember there being any stuttering issue like that..
can I ask what operating system you're playing on? game was designed for win 98 so if you're playing on something else, that might be causing the problem..
or just random glitch..

*shrug*

MisterDuhFrog

Reaction score
The thing is, I had two copies of the game. One completely crashed, and then I bought a new one. That Max Headroom homage, as I like to call it, was STILL THERE. Maybe the sound designer, whoever that was, may have put that on there as a prank just to be funny, like Andy Kaufman. (remember when he had Howdy Doody on his show and he wanted the picture to jump?) Maybe I think that's what it was.

Probably, the best bet would be to put the disc in your computer and open it through My Computer and click on the folder titled 1 (that is the folder that holds all the sounds, images, and videos in the game Beaker's Brain). Then click on the "Sound" folder, then "Wrapup", and play BUNSEND4.wav. Hard to tell whether you'll laugh, jump with terror, or just shrug your shoulders and go "Huh?" It is pretty weird. TRUST ME. IT'S THERE.

MisterDuhFrog

Reaction score
can I ask what operating system you're playing on? game was designed for win 98
*shrug*
The program was created in 1996, so it must have been for Windows 95 or the Mac system at the time. When I was playing it, all I had was a Windows 95.

MisterDuhFrog

Reaction score
That particular soundfile begins:
"Well Beakie, that was one to write Mother about, wasn't it? So long from Muppet Labs..."
...and then the rest of it went up and down [the speech, not the music which cut out repeatedly] sounded like "a friend and technology..." and that's where I lost it and it sounded weird. If that should give you a kinda clue to what it was. :eek::eek::eek:

Davina

Reaction score
sheesh.. had forgotten it was that old.. yikes! am definately going to have to dig it out again though.. wonder if it will play properly on xp? (if not, i do still have an old 98 machine just for some old games i've kept for the kids...)

gonna have to go down to the basement and dig that thing back out....