Question about Pre-recorded voice

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Hi guys, I had a question that kinda deals with puppeteering ediquette (or at least I think it might)

In the past few months I've been around with Mitch (one of my puppets) at work and a couple other places. so far it's just been reandom dialogue that I come up with off the top of my head.
However, every now and then I like to sing with him. It hasn't been too elaborate, I sing in "my voice" then I sing in "his"voice. I don't throw my voice nor do I entertain any sort of notion that I can throw my voice. For the most part it works but I really like duets sometimes where there's harmony or an echo orsomething. So, I've been playing around with the idea of pre-recording some of the stuff Mitch would sing (just when our voices would overlap) and then play it so we'd have two voices going. I'd only do this when our voices overlap though, I'd still sing live for Mitch when there's nothing for me to sing.

So, my question is, is there some kind of unspoken puppeteer rule against that? I can't throw my voice and don't want people to think I do so it's not like I'd be using this as a way to make it look like that. But at the same time would it come across that way? To me it's just a way to incorporate two voices, thus two different layers. But I'm really new to this so I thought I'd ask around a bit.