Question about Janice capture In the Muppet show?

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
I wanted to know is that How did the Pigs kidnapped Janice and why!:confused:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Probably the same way and reason that Kermit and the others got captured. We don't really know why the pigs wanted to take over the show, aside from probably wanting to be spotlighted more. Kermit is really the only one shown getting captured (by net). We only see where Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo get locked at. We don't know where Scooter, Janice, Rowlf, The Newsman, and others were locked up at, assuming they were all locked in (since Scooter was a backstage character, I don't know why he'd need a pig replacement, aside from keeping him out of the way).

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Are you talking about when the Pigs caught Janice for a human sacrifice or the Pig episode?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think she meant when the pigs took over in the Cloris Leachman episode. I never thought for a second that she could have meant this number.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's what I think happened....

Only Kermit, Gonzo and Fozzie were captured. The pigs told the rest of the cast they weren't getting paid that night, and they left.

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
Are you talking about when the Pigs caught Janice for a human sacrifice or the Pig episode?
That is what I was talking about and thanks LamangoNumber2! I meant the Pigs caught Janice for Human Sacrifice but why?:confused:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Well, depending on how layered an answer you want:

-- Unlike the pigs-capture-the-cast plot discussed in this thread (that people thought you were asking about at first), that was a "backstage plot" and in the "reality" viewers assign to the show was actually happening to Kermit, Fozzie, etc. By contrast the With a Little Help From My Friends number was an "onstage" musical number, an act on stage with Janice and the others playing a part, the same way Janice, Rowlf, and Piggy don medical costumes and play doctor and nurses in Vet's Hospital though in "real life" none of them have probably ever gone through med school.

Within the context of the act, the background details don't really matter as much as the given set-up/concept - for the number to work as it is: Janice is captured and the rest of the band rescue her as they perform Help From My Friends. We don't need to know how the pigs went about capturing her...if they nabbed her while she was asleep, chloroformed her, Colorformed her <grin> or got her to play a ... uh ... "roleplaying game" involving her being tied up. As to the why she's there as a prisoner, the implication is that it's as a human sacrifice to the pagan (or is that "pork-an"?) god.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Well, depending on how layered an answer you want:

-- Unlike the pigs-capture-the-cast plot discussed in this thread (that people thought you were asking about at first), that was a "backstage plot" and in the "reality" viewers assign to the show was actually happening to Kermit, Fozzie, etc. By contrast the With a Little Help From My Friends number was an "onstage" musical number, an act on stage with Janice and the others playing a part, the same way Janice, Rowlf, and Piggy don medical costumes and play doctor and nurses in Vet's Hospital though in "real life" none of them have probably ever gone through med school.

Within the context of the act, the background details don't really matter as much as the given set-up/concept - for the number to work as it is: Janice is captured and the rest of the band rescue her as they perform Help From My Friends. We don't need to know how the pigs went about capturing her...if they nabbed her while she was asleep, chloroformed her, Colorformed her <grin> or got her to play a ... uh ... "roleplaying game" involving her being tied up. As to the why she's there as a prisoner, the implication is that it's as a human sacrifice to the pagan (or is that "pork-an"?) god.
That's an incredibly smart answer to an incredibly dumb question. Kudos to you, dwmckim! :big_grin: