Question about Jack the Dog

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Since Dave Goelz performed Jack the Dog in A Berry Bear Christmas, how did Dave got picked to perform Jack and who does Jack sound like?

Princeton

Reaction score
I'n not sure how he got picked to perform Jack, but I do remember that he sounded like Uncle Matt with a Southern drawl.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I'm sure Dave was picked because since this was the first special episode of BITBBH, they would want a veteran performer from the Muppet Show days to make it even more special, for the puppeteers and the puppet geeks like us. Jim and Richard were obviously dead, Jerry was probably busy upstairs doing The Count, Frank was probably off directing... leaving Dave. And I'm sure he was enthusiastic to take part in the show. I've met several of the puppeteers who worked on Bear and they are a really great happy group of people. As is Dave!

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
That was Dave? OMG! I never realized that until now, but he does kinda sound like Uncle "Travelling" Matt! Jack was a funny character, but he really taught kids something in the first part of the Christmas episode. I'm glad that Doc Hogg gave him a home and that he worked at the Woodland Valley Fire Department. He has kind of a gruff, Southern voice. Man, I miss this show!

Collgoff

Reaction score
Well do renember seeing Jack the dog on Bear in the big blue house christmas 2 part epidsode when I first saw don't know anything about behind the sceens back then.
When you guys said that Jack sounded like Gobo's uncle Matt when Dave Gloze did Jack but I don't even renember what he sound like.
Trust me I don't!

Collgoff

Reaction score
I'm sure Dave was picked because since this was the first special episode of BITBBH, they would want a veteran performer from the Muppet Show days to make it even more special, for the puppeteers and the puppet geeks like us. Jim and Richard were obviously dead, Jerry was probably busy upstairs doing The Count, Frank was probably off directing... leaving Dave. And I'm sure he was enthusiastic to take part in the show. I've met several of the puppeteers who worked on Bear and they are a really great happy group of people. As is Dave!
Do they know him before the special?