Question about David's departure:

Pug Lover

Reaction score
When Mr.Hooper died in the early 1980s,there was a special SS episode that dealt with his death.
I know that David died in later years.Was his death acknowledged on the show?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
No, it wasn't. One episode began with Mr. Handford at work, with Gina introducing him and saying explainin gthat David had moved away.

ISNorden

Reaction score
David's death wasn't mentioned on Sesame Street because the character never died; Northern Calloway was written off the show several months before he actually died of cancer. No cover-up was involved, just a matter of timing...

ISNorden

Reaction score
No problem; I'm always willing to help a fellow fan whenever I'm able. :smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
David's death wasn't mentioned on Sesame Street because the character never died; Northern Calloway was written off the show several months before he actually died of cancer. No cover-up was involved, just a matter of timing...
Actually he voluntarly left and they wrote in the script he moved away.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I'm a little behind but 2 days ago marked the 18th aniversary of Calloway's passing.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh wow, I didn't know. Well I'm glad I got to see more of David on the 2nd Old School DVD. He definitely had a lot of talent.

One amusing moment is when they're trying to decide who in the group doesn't belong (it's Glady because she's the only non human) and one kids points to David and says, "You!" and everyone laughs, lol. Great moment!

dinoboy

Reaction score
When someone passes away on the street

Most of the time they don't acknowlege it, but sometimes at the end of the show they will post a message on the screen "In Memory Of" And the last one I remember seeing was Michael Jeter from a special Elmos World show where the episode was about Sesame Street, and he traveled in time in Grover's taxi cab so Elmo can learn more about Sesame Street. Even back then Gordon was still bald. like Grover said "Some Things Never Change."