Question about CTW location?

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I thought that the CTW studio had been located in Queens ever since SS began.But most recently,I read in the third last chapter of"Street Gang",that by the 1990s CTW relocated to Kaufman Studios in Queens.
Now does that mean that the original 70s and 80s SS episodes,as well as The Electric Company,were made elsewhere in NYC,like Manhatten?:confused:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The Teletape Studio (sometimes referred to as Second Stage)
was located at Broadway and 81st Street. Originally a Loew's movie theatre, it was home for Sesame Street from 1969 to 1992when they pulled up stakes and moved over to Queens.

Carroll Spinney once mentioned some Muppet segments were shot at the Metromedia Studios (now WNYW Fox 5) on East 67th Street, a few doors down from Jim's Muppet Workshop.

Teletape is a private residence now. It would be something if the residents knew their bedroom is now where the Street once stood.:search:

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Thank you for your info fuzzygobo.

I agree it would thrilling to have a bedroom that is formerly the location of the original SS set.:wink:

superboober

Reaction score
Often in the credits, they have the name Reeves before Teletape. What did Reeves refer to?