Question about 1975 Christmas album...

BWSmith

Reaction score
"Merry Christmas from Sesame Street" (1975) was my favorite album as a kid. I don't think my parents have their old copy anymore. Has this ever been re-issued on CD or cassette, or is it LP only?

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I believe that a similar Christmas CD was released when "Elmo saves Christmas" came out. The CD had some of the same songs, however some of the classic characters were dubbed over to add the modern characters like Elmo, Zoe, and Hoots the Owl in their place. :frown:

Dantecat

Reaction score
Some Of The Same Songs Were On The CD:A Sesame Street Christmas!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The original version (and over 150 Muppet holiday songs) will begin playing on Muppet Central Radio tha day after Thanksgiving.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I had this album on 8-track (!), and the CD released a few years ago is very similar, with a few characters dubbed over for modern continuity reasons. It's still a really cool album to listen to, because it's such a blast from the past--especially the Sesame Street Christmas Pageant that's on it (Oh welcome, Oh welcome, to our little play...)

:stick_out_tongue: :frown: :grouchy:

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
floydnjanicefan said:
I believe that a similar Christmas CD was released when "Elmo saves Christmas" came out. The CD had some of the same songs, however some of the classic characters were dubbed over to add the modern characters like Elmo, Zoe, and Hoots the Owl in their place. :frown:
It was sort of funny to hear the recent Sesame Street Christmas CD because people like Olivia and Dave were edited out and replaced by Hoots and Elmo...I think they must have had Kevin Clash come in one day and fix the whole CD by himself! :stick_out_tongue:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
WOCKA2416 said:
It was sort of funny to hear the recent Sesame Street Christmas CD because people like Olivia and Dave were edited out and replaced by Hoots and Elmo...I think they must have had Kevin Clash come in one day and fix the whole CD by himself! :stick_out_tongue:
Speaking of which, I was listening to some Sesame Street music samples from Amazon yesterday and I heard Elmo singing Big Bird's famous ABC-DEF-GHI song. Freaky.

mothergoose

Reaction score
1975 tape

Hi, I'm new here! Hope you fans can help me locate a "new" Merry Christmas from Sesame St. tape, 1975. Mine has (unfortunately) finally died. Should have made a second copy years ago. Ahh, hindsite..... Please let me know if you can help me out! Thanks!
Mothergoose