Queen of Six

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Who remembers this sweet gem from long ago?

In the garden of the Queen of Six
Is where the Queen gets her kicks
Walking on her path of bricks
Shaped into a number six
The Queen knows lots of magic tricks
Like making trees from candlesticks
One, two, three, four, five, six

Six birds, as you can see
Make six nests in each tree
Within these nests of twigs and sticks
Are six little hungry baby chicks

In the garden down below
Is where six magic flowers grow

Six little kittens play nearby
As the Queen sings a lullaby
The Queen makes up six little beds
And there the kittens lay their heads
And dream their dreams of magic tricks
That all end up with the number six

I always loved seeing the fuzzy white kitties getting into their beds...and that angelic "ahhh ahhh ahhh ahhh" melody that played in the background.

Splurge

Reaction score
I think most of here remember it fondly. This was also one of Jim Henson's animated contributions.

I wonder how long it takes to shoot a stop motion film like that. (But I guess since the queen wore a big gown, Henson got away with not having to animate any walking. No legs, you see. :wink: )

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I love & miss the stop-animation from long ago.Land of 6 rates right up there with Land of 8.Land of 6 is definately a gem.(lyrics are Queen of 6,but under lyric sites,it's called The Land of 6; just fyi :wink: ). :smirk:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Land of 6 and others

Jim was definitely busy during that time with his stop-motion camera. Also from that period was the "12" clip in the desert, with the pebbles rolling and counting to 12. I took some filmmaking courses in college, and I know stop-motion photography takes an EXTREMELY long time. Hats off to Jim for getting these films made so well, on top of everything else he was in charge of.

It never ceases to amaze me, during that very fertile period of Sesame's first few years, how Jim just kept cranking out films, puppet segments, animations at an alarming rate, and there's not a bad one in the bunch! Can you find one?

And yes, Mokeystar, the kitties in the 6 clip are adorable, ain't they? :smile: :smile: