Puppets Up Festival, August 9 & 10, 2008

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Heads up, all you Canucks (and/or those with the means to travel)! The annual Puppets Up Festival in Almonte, Ontario is taking place on August 9th and 10th, of this good year of 2008!

There will be four days of workshops for adults, from the 5th-8th.

I'm not affiliated with the festival, but I've been to it before and it's fabulous. On top of all the fantastic shows and street performances, the town is beautiful and it's fun to visit all the merchants and shops.

So, anyone else plan on going? (Steve Swanson, if you come again this year I promise not to miss you this time!)

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
I'm going! I also posted the event on Puppet Hub and would love people to sign up and possibly we can all meet and have lunch together :smile:

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
If it only weren't a 12 hours ride for me...great line up of performers so far. I think the puppet video workshop is one day for 6 hours (and only $40) and the 4 day workshop is with marionettes. Thanks for the heads up. I remember enjoying listening to the MuppetCast episode about the festival last year.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I'm going! I also posted the event on Puppet Hub and would love people to sign up and possibly we can all meet and have lunch together :smile:
Hey, that's great! I'm not sure yet which days I will be there, but hopefully I'll be able to go to at least one of the performing days and one of the workshops. I hope other MCers are going to be there too!

Thanks for the heads up. I remember enjoying listening to the MuppetCast episode about the festival last year.
Heehee, yeah. I was going to run into Steve there last time but I think wires got crossed and it never happened (still disappointed by it, lol!). I hope he decides to come again.

Blink

Reaction score
I just confirmed that I will be there. Not sure if I will be there for the two days but at least one and I will be there for some of the workshop days. Should be lots of fun again!

Marky

Reaction score
I'll be performing again this year in my usual spots!
I'm performing in the latest clip on the main site (pardon the editing!)

www.puppetsup.ca

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I wish I could go! I'll be at an improv festival in New York that very weekend! So close I could throw pebbles at you! (well..in comparison to now, I suppose)

Blink

Reaction score
I'll be performing again this year in my usual spots!
I'm performing in the latest clip on the main site (pardon the editing!)

www.puppetsup.ca
Hey Marky,

Are you taking any workshops? I'll be there for the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday before taking workshops.

Marky

Reaction score
Hey Marky,

Are you taking any workshops? I'll be there for the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday before taking workshops.
Hey Blinksies,

I'm MCing a wedding the Friday night before, and working overtime that week to make up for time off later in the month.

Hope to see you there though - what am I talkin' about? Of COURSE I'll se ya there!

:sing: