Puppetry in Chicago

fishbone

Reaction score
just looking for other puppeteers in the area that want to start a touring troop or do some television or an established company looking for a puppeteer/ magician.

gfarkwort

Reaction score
are you saying you want someone to hire you?...Or you just want to join something..Or am I missing this completly? :confused:

fishbone

Reaction score
Well, if I can join a troop that has shows that would be grand,yeah ,being a hired gun would be cool.Or if other puppeteers want to start a touring group,that's what i'm saying.I hope that's more clear.

gfarkwort

Reaction score
You could join the Red Moon Troupe
http://www.redmoon.org
They are world renowned, I was a part of them once...They are GREAT fun very creative. :wink:

Their also is this one theater that does marionette shows, I forget their name...but I'll find it its on http://www.chicagotribune.com somewhere I bet they have othe listings for theaters or othe troupes.

gfarkwort

Reaction score
.....Yea them to, they have more Chicago Puppetry info than I do :wink:

ScrapsFlippy

Reaction score
Chicago is a great town for "garage" theatre. You should have no trouble finding something or starting something.

There used to be a paper called "The Reader" I don't know if it's still published, but if it is, "The Reader" publishes a complete listing of everything being produced. You could probably get a feel for what companies are producing puppet shows.

I would recommend placing an ad if you want to start something. Something along the lines of "Seeking collaborators - puppeteers to discuss starting a new troupe." There is so much talent in Chicago, you'll probably be flooded with calls. Meet the ones who sound the most earnest at the local Starbucks and forge your plan for world domination! Er - I mean for a puppet show.

Good luck!

(And if you run into Bill Burman, tell him Andy says "hi.")

-Scraps

fishbone

Reaction score
hmm

Yeah, the reader..I heard things..that's a good idea..punk rock puppets.. :sing: :big_grin: : :cool: