puppetry employment NYC

nycpuppeteer

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a puppeteer living in NY and I am looking for a way to break into children's television. I have been looking all over for contact links to the Henson shows shot here in the city and haven't had any luck. I know Bear in the Big Blue House, Between the Lions, and others are shot here but I can't seem to find any information on how to contact someone about employment opportunities on those shows. I realize there is always the option to send the resume into the LA Henson office but I was hoping there would be someone/somplace I could send it to/speak with here as a means of contacting someone closer to the source.
Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated.
:smile: Thank you!

Kye

Reaction score
Hey, I know its late, but if you ever get this contact POKO PUPPETS, I worked for them a while was I was in NYC... Larry engler runs it and its out of brooklyn I believe! hope it helps

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
NYC. Bear in the Big Blue House and Between the Lions are no longer in production. It doesn't look like either will be returning. I suggest you contact smaller live companies and work from there. Also there is plenty of info here at MC about how to send an audition tape to Henson. Kevin Clash is based in New York and he is in charge of talent spotting.

secret squirrel

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Secret Squirrel
NYC. Bear in the Big Blue House and Between the Lions are no longer in production. It doesn't look like either will be returning. I suggest you contact smaller live companies and work from there. Also there is plenty of info here at MC about how to send an audition tape to Henson. Kevin Clash is based in New York and he is in charge of talent spotting.

secret squirrel
Between the Lions is no longer in production?!?

Oh say it ain't so!!!

BTL is our number one new favorite show! I am crushed that they won't be making more. What on earth happened?

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Actually, I was informed today that BTL is officially cancelled. :frown:

- Billy :cool:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Originally posted by Traveling Matt
Actually, I was informed today that BTL is officially cancelled. :frown:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY???? Man, I LOVE that show! And my lil' brother does, too, which is great, b/c he has trouble w/reading! BTL has REALLY helped him! :frown: