Puppeteers of America & UNIMA-USA

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
So I am curious,

How many people here are members of PofA? If you are, what convinced you to join? If you're not, why aren't you?

Same for UNIMA-USA.

If you don't know what either organization is, please post that too.

Nick

Reaction score
I looked at them, but their student rates were not that good... Right now I can't afford to join. Maybe down the road I will... we'll see.

biblebetty

Reaction score
yes, i use to belong to pofa but couldn't afford the membership, but what is UNIMA-USA. that does not look familar.

Teenager's

Reaction score
I belong to both and I joined so I could say I was a apart of these organizations and in someway affiliated with proffessional puppeteers
(sorta a ego thing, sorta a resume thing)

but other reasons....

POFA has their magazine, discounts on festivals, puppet library, and an "Expert Listing" a list of ppl who know what they're doing in the various forms

Unima----mainly for the recognition....I also like being able to say I am part of a Union (sorta)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I used to be a PofA member and, while I loved the chapter and quarterly journals, I wasn't able to participate outside of that so the fees weren't worth it to me.

That, plus nobody would respond to my inquiries about starting a mid-south chapter.

Because I can more readily participate with cartoonists, I pay $25/year to the Southeastern Chapter of the National Cartoonists Society (www.secncs.com), especially since I'm president of the Mid-South Cartoonists Association www.midsouthcartoonists.com

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
I probably would be if I had any spare cash lying around...