1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Puppet Up Television Special November 20

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by GelflingWaldo, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

I cant wait, this sounds hysterical! Im setting up a tape right now!
  2. Stulz

Stulz Member

Disney

That's not really accurate. I'm usually with you 99.9% of the time, but here's where that .5% comes in:
    ;)

The Henson's wanted to put out a really great DVD of Emmet Otter WITH Kermit included but Disney just wouldn't let them for any anmount of legal manovering or $$$.

If you were to go to the Henson lot today, while the Kermit Head has been removed from the Henson Company logo, The Kermit as Chaplin statue still stands outside, the giant Kermit that also a part of DCA's Muppet-Vision sign is still there (although the wording underneath has changed from "Home of The Muppets" to "The Orginal Home of The Muppets), even teh restrooms still have Kermit and Piggy silohuettes outside to designate Ladie's and Men's.

So the Muppets still have a presense at the Henson company just sadly not much future presense.
  3. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

um... i JUST MAY have ta tape this! :smirk:
  4. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

I thought Seame Workshop made some sorta deal to STILL call them "Muppets", under License from Disney?! since Disney owns the word "Muppets (or Muppet)"... well thats how I tought it went.
  5. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Show Support for More "Puppet Up!"

I've been getting a lot of e-mails from people asking about the upcoming "Puppet Up!" TV special, set to air on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 11pm (Eastern/Pacific) on TBS. The big question being "will the special be repeated or released?" I asked TBS and I've asked Henson and I have some answers.

TBS has currently only set the special for on single airing (Monday, November 20, 2006 at 11pm) and there are no re-airings scheduled at this time. They said they were "unable to comment' on the scheduling tactics, however at this time there are no plans to repeat the special after the one, and only, airing on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 11pm.

I contacted Henson to see what their take on the whole situation was. Nichole Goldman, Head Of Publicity for the Jim Henson Company (and "Puppet Up!"). She said that "I too would love to know for sure when/if the special will re-air on TBS. At this time, there are no confirmed re-airing dates or times yet, but I will be sure to let you and all the fans know asap if anything gets confirmed."

This is a crucial moment for Henson fans and supporters. TBS is still assessing their program scheduling and release plan for "Puppet Up!". They are looking to see what the viewer reaction and interest is. And now is the time for us to have our voices heard. They need to hear from you – the people who are interested in Jim Henson programming, the people who love the puppetry and improv and want to see this one-of-a-kind special succeed. We need to show them that the audience is here.

Tell the TBS that you want to see "The Jim Henson Company's Puppet Up!" repeated, re-aired and even released to home-video. Remember that the more air-time this special gets, the bigger a fan base the show can create, the more people it can entertain, the better chances of more Henson projects coming to TV, and (of course) the more times you'll be able to tune in and watch it! So take a few minutes and shoot TBS an e-mail (tbsinfo@turner.com) saying you want to see more of "The Jim Henson Company's Puppet Up!" on the schedule, and then be sure to tune to TBS on Monday, November 20, 2006 at 11pm – and tell all your friends, neighbors, co-workers, and family members to do the same.

Be sure to watch (Monday, November 20, 2006 at 11pm on TBS) and let your voice be heard!
  6. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I email them and hope to hear a respond soon. I told them that I would love to see the special re-aired sometime. So well wait and see what they write back with.
  7. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Oh man I can't wait to wacth this,:excited: .

I'm totally setting the VCR to record this, :) .
  8. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

5 Days..and Counting!

The troupe performed two live shows of "Puppet Up!" tonight at The Comedy Festival in Vegas (both of which were filmed for the special).

That leaves only 5 more days until the special airs.

Remember that the one-hour "Puppet Up!" TV special will air on Monday, November 20, 2006 @ 11pm on TBS.

This is planned to be a one-time-only airing, so don't miss it.

-Click here for more information-
  9. Jamesman

Jamesman New Member

So this taped tonight, right? I was just wondering if anyone went, or would be able to get reports from the tapings.

Just curious how the initial reaction to this was, so we know what to expect on Monday.
  10. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

setting the DVR
  11. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Ooooooooh im getting excited!!!
  12. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

It's TOMORROW!!! Set your VCR's people! As fans and forum members, we have to watch this if we can. It's our duty!! :attitude: New muppet stuff is exciting! How often does this happen? Not every day. :)

WHOOOO!!
  13. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

*high fives MrsPepper* YEAH!! ALRIGHT! GO HENSON!! WHOOO!!!

*ahem* Sorry about that...
  14. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

I'm SUPER excited, because I love raunchy humor, and with a splash of Jim Henson makes me a happy five year old who just got enough money to buy 15 peices of candy! *Yaaaay* ((Waves arms like Kermit)) Sheesh. :zany:
  15. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

**High-fives Prawnie and Barry Lee** Oh yeah. :sing: No need to be sorry, Prawnie. I'm just thrilled because it's on a channel that I get up here, and therefore I can watch/tape it! Share my enthusiasm with me! **dances**
  16. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

**Hive Fives Mrs. Pepper** Yayhoo!
  17. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

It's so close...

Just a reminder that the world television premiere of "The Jim Henson Company's Puppet Up! - Uncensored" will occur tonight at 11:00pm(ET/PT) on TBS. More information about the show can be found on the TBS webpage and at PuppetUp.com.

The one-hour puppet improv special was filmed on Wednesday (November 15th) in Las Vegas. The improv cast includes Brian Henson, Julianne Buescher, Tyler Bunch, Ted Michaels, Drew Massey, Paul Rugg, Allan Trautman and Victor Yerrid; with Patrick Bristow serving as director and host.

You won't want to miss this one-time-only television event. So set your VCR, program your TiVo, finish your homework, clean off that couch, collect your friends, pop some corn and get ready to laugh like you've never laughed before. "Puppet Up! - Uncensored" airs tonight at 11pm on TBS!

:excited:
  18. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

OH YEAH! High five for everyone! OH YEAH! WOOOOOOOOO!!! *hollars at the top of my lungs* Man I might have thrown something that time. *clears throat* Nope. ALRIGHT MY MAN! GO HENSON COMPANY! YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!
  19. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Oh GW. My TV says 10 pm for Central people. Just to let others know.
  20. BradFraggle

BradFraggle Member

I can't wait! :excited:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.