Puppet SLAM Cincinnati

doctort13

Reaction score
Hi there puppet folk!

I am a member of the Cincinnati Area Puppet Guild, and wish to produce a Puppet Slam to raise money for the guild. I have produced music related events before, so I know the nuts & bolts of promotions/PR.

My question to any performing puppeteers who have perfromed in a SLAM before is what works/what doesn't work with an adult themed SLAM. Any tips/suggestions on making is run smoothly, and raise money for our puppet guild are most welcome.

Here's the Cincinnati Area Puppetry Guild's web page

Thanks,
t3rry
wumpmucket@fuse.net

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Ah, you must help me with this one. I'm acronym challenged.

What's a SLAM?

Some Laughter and Music
Standard Los Angeles Madness
Scrounging Like a Mouse
Saving LotsA Money
Singing Like A Mongoose

I know it's music related, but this is a new term for me.

Markus

doctort13

Reaction score
What is a PuppetSLAM?
They're evenings of short varied theatrical mini-plays for adults that use (or sometimes abuse) puppets for all or part of the drama. Each piece is performed by a different artist or artists, and the content can be wide-ranging; some are elegant or poignant, others are satiric, irreverent, or humorous, and still others can be passionate, political. or spiritual in nature. The performers range from the seasoned professional to the nascent puppeteer, and often include poets, musicians, dancers, mimes, actors, and other sundry affiliated artists.

I hope this clear things up. :stick_out_tongue:

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
:smile:

Clears up everything but... what does S.L.A.M. stand for?

At your defense, I had to look up nascent as well. "coming or having recently come into existence." Great word. I'll try to integrate that into my vocabulary.

Sounds like an event I would love, but can't help you with. Er... maybe that last part was obvious.

:wink: