1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Puppet Making

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Drtooth, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Man. When I come to the puppetry board, everyone talks of putting fleece and wigs and mouth plates. The best I could do was sock Puppets for a short school video (I'd give someone a copy, but it's practically rated X, R at the least). I wish I had time to do that stuff!
  2. Good grief. What do you do at your school?! :)
  3. Drtooth

Well, it's an art college. a lot of people make movies of their friends smoking and swearing, so I though that if I do the same with puppets (minus the smoking) it would be a fractured lens toward other projects!
  4. doctort13

doctort13 Member

Look @ this book

If you are interested in working with foam I suggest that you take a peek at The Foam Book by Drew Allison & Donald Devet.

It was published in 1997, with a second printing in 2000. More info can be found at http://www.greysealpuppets.com

Good luck with the puppet construction!
  5. Drtooth

Thanks! Now if I can get some foam, some money (to buy the foam) and some free time, I'll draw up some plans.
  6. doctort13

doctort13 Member

The two biggest problems in my life...

Time & Money.

When I have the time, I have no money.
    When I have extra money, I have very little time.

Maybe I shouldn't sit at this PC so much?:confused:
  7. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

hey doctort13, what Oscar appearance is that from? I happen to remember something on somebody else's macintosh this program that teaches kids about the trash icon on the desktop or something. WILL YOU PLEASE CLEAR THIS UP? Thank you.
  8. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

btw, your icon is what I was talking about.